Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 84
Members: 0
Total: 84
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Advise on UI
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Advise on UI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Advise on UI Reply with quote

I know there is a whole section on UI's but most of the stuff there is really old. I'm hoping for some up-to-date advise on a good UI for a paladin main with growing beastlord and bard alts.

I'm not at all happy with the current UI but really unsure how to get or use a better one. If you are using one you like can you please let me know or maybe update the UI section?

Thank you in advance.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/agree

Im trying to get used to the new default UI, since they arent supporting the old one no mo Sad
Vaimpir
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: AYA Reply with quote

I've been using AYA's UI for years. I can hardly function in EQ without it now. It looks like the cockpit of an airplane and is quite busy but almost everything you could possibly want access to is there at your fingertips (cursor tip?).
Positives - It uses EQ's viewport function so EQ is confined to about the top two thirds of the screen and the UI is mostly confined to the bottom third so there's nothing behind any chat windows and no waiting for something to fade out; access to inventory and bag slots; clicky bar; potion belt; 2 hot button bars; numeric display of AA, LAA, Raid LAA, reg exp; group; and the list goes on.
Negatives - This is the part that is a big negative...you must set your EQ resolution to 1280 by 1024. If you don't have a big monitor, as in 21 inch, this UI will be difficult to deal with; you can't just type /loadskin to get this one to work, you'll need to read the instructions. You'll be deleting your toon(s) UI file (NOT character file) and replacing it with the one supplied. It might sound complicated, but its really not...just unzip, delete a file, copy file supplied, and rename.
Franklaw had been using the default UI for years, never changing a single XML file to the best of my knowledge. After seeing mine, he said he guessed he was going to have to go ahead and go over to the UI dark side. Surprised
I'll include a links to AYA at EQInterface and a screenshot. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

edit: you'll need to jump through the usual hoops of creating an account to download from here.

AYA's UI
screenshot of AYA
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i would have to actually see someone use that ui to understand it lol.. took me a while to fine the "group window" which really isnt a window anymore.. very busy hehe
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new UI meself... here is how I have mine set up:

[/img]

I got my /attack over my /assist in order to click off attack incase of non-dmg aggro situation....I have my 2 aggro spells over one-another so I can quick spam without needing to move cursor much (plus bash/taunt are right there for quick aggro and mashing)...Got my clicky heal potions within easy reach and almost every other hot key corresponds to the hotkey above/below it. IMO, it's FAR more convenient.

P.S. - chat 1 = my battle spam + mob battle spam....chat 2 = Others battle spam....main chat = /ooc, /gu, /AH, etc (talk mainly)....chat 3 = /gu officer chat + my crits and important emotes such as rage, ramp, etc.
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a mostly default UI that I've modified a little. With the t.king spell icons and SARS target ring.

You can't tell in this image, but the chat windows are semi-transpearant, I can't stand having half my view blocked by chat windows.

Click to download the bits if you want em, I don't remember original urls to the spell icons and target ring, so I'll put them here too:
SARS Target ring
t.king spell icons
Buff window with "Full Size" icons instead of the shrinkage you get with the new default
Spell Bar, again, with normal sized icons
2x5 old style Hot Bar
My own custom player window with HP, Mana, End in a bar, % and raw number as well as XP %'s

My next mod will probably be to add my own hp to the group window and add F1-F6 next to the names. and I need to fix the default songs window (first 2 songs are dinky icons, 3rd is normal sized...)

I also normally have a 3rd chat window for melee spam, just forgot to set it up on my laptop when I took the pic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: