Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 225
Members: 0
Total: 225
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Yes we beat Corinav..grats AH on Time
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yes we beat Corinav..grats AH on Time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Yes we beat Corinav..grats AH on Time Reply with quote

Everyone did really well. I was worried we would run out of time but we got him. Also, this was the first time in awhile we have had a full raid for AH, which was cool.

People are probably wondering what is next. Our tentative plans are to hit Fennin and Xeg next week. This should have the majority flagged for Time, assuming we can get the parts together for an Odylic Vial to do the combines.

At that point we basically will be finished with PoP with the exception of PoTime. We can loot the alternate keys for our members who missed one flagging mob or another from Time phase 3 (?). We'll be looking at farming Time and moving through GoD, with a smattering of DoN or other loot mobs. Recruitment for some classes is probably going to close, and we will be having some new aa/level requirements coming in April.

There is a fine balance between hitting new content and farming to maintain gear levels. I am just asking that you trust me to find a spot where we are still progressing but not leaving a bunch of people behind on gear. Since AH is not a guild, this does usually mean a bit more farmage then usual. Really important is for everyone to get their Tipt done so we can smack GoD content around.

I also wanted to say that, when I took over from Baxter, I never imagined how much work it was to try to co-lead something like this. There have been times when I have wondered if I lost my mind when I said I would do it. There have been times when I have been discouraged, especially when we first restarted after WoW and could only handle NC named.

It is nights like tonight that make it worth it. I am very proud of all our members and what we have accomplished. And it is not just my or Kor's accomplishment...it belongs to all of Afterhours. Everything we have done has been a team effort. All of us put in tons of work and finally it has paid off. Someone once told me that PoTime was the measuring board against which all guilds were judged. I guess that means we are on the map now for real.

I'm not sure really what else to say and this is getting long. So lets just stay focused, keep learning and working, and keep conquering content in EQ. Remember to dream high, because nothing is beyond our reach.
Sulsil
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first came onboard for AH (which actually wasn't all that long ago) I asked an old timer if we would be doing Time GoD and Anguish eventually. We had a long convesation and that person's conclusion was that it was unlikely.

I never quite saddled up to that thought and remain committed to AH achieving all those goals. We do need many things to achieve Anguish but I am now certain we will do so. Once the farming in Time yields it's growth and the GoD works begins to pay off Anguish (and 2.0 epics) is maybe a year away.

Having said that, what is going to derail us is over taxing our leadership. I do understand, quite well, how much effort running raids like this is, that degree of effort is why "the Boys" Naylyn, Baxter et all are gone today. I am grateful to Korinne and Shieara for your efforts. I hope we can further train other leaders so you two can come on raids and "slum" with us squad leaders and members.

AH remains today one of the finest family guild raid outlets avaliable on Bristlebane. Over time with further improvement in delegation of leadership and tuning avalaible classes we are gonna get even stronger.

Sul
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else can we, the membership, say...but Thank You for believing in us and leading us on to the high end game. Many of us never thought it was even possible to be this far along.

Smile

/group hugs
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Shieara came to visit me before the "new beginning" of AH, we weren't sure how far we would go or if we would even continue. The decision was made to try and see how far we make it. I say we have exceeded our expections. I am very proud of us all and how far we have come.

We all have worked hard to keep progressing and there have been times when we were discouraged and being pulled in 5 different directions made us all want to pull our hair out. But it all pays off in the end and we have only bigger and better things to look forward to.

BTW...I never thought we would own Corinav first try. WOW to proving me wrong Smile

/hugs to all

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Kisz
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I haven't been a member long I will say that this is the most organized and well planned grp I have ever had the privilege to be a part of.

Hats off to Shieara and all of the officers, squad leaders, and members that make successful raids like this one happen.

Thanks for letting be apart of the team.

Kisz
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sleeping Sad

I did accept Shieara's raid invite when I woke up though - if the raid had only taken another 6 hours or so I would have made it!
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope ALL of our members realize just how big this win was....to my knowledge, no guild/group has ever beaten coirnav on their first attempt and I can only think of one other organization that made it to time on BB (WTFHugs) and, I believe, a large portion of their membership was merely backflagging for higher-end raiding guilds.

I also, want to extend a BIG hug to shie and kor for leading this rag-tag bunch of misfits:-) AH is more then just a raiding organization, we're a place for all of the small guild toons to progress......we give hope to those who don't have 15 hrs a day to devote to a game (IE - people who have RLs:-). I also want to say thanks to wend, sueg/elg, dannes, etc....these are the folks who raid with AH almost solely to help us progress. They have no real need for the loot or advancement; rather, they are just here to help friends.

I never thought I’ld be time flagged given my play-time and guild status and now I am (well, after we get that damn time combine thingy:-)…..I am truly proud to call all of you my friends.
Herkybevo
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the accomplishment everyone. I wish I was able to be there, but sometimes RL rears it's ugly head. Hope to be back very soon.
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olidan wrote:
I was sleeping Sad

You were mezzed
I must say I wish I could have done this with you all, you can not believe how happy I am to see this happen.
Karrmma
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is Korinne and Shieara you deserve alot more credit than your taking. Quite frankly withought the time and effort you two... and the Squad Leaders.. put into this there is no possible way we would have gotten this far.

Hats off to you Ladies And Rallos and Quarm. Watch yer butts... were a comin=)
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woowoo! I am definitely looking forward to raiding in Time. We are going to work on getting the other EP gods down once more before we start our foray in Time and then do a bit of mixing with GoD raiding and Time stuffs! Thank goodness for instanced Time Smile

Sorry you missed the fight Honey! Next time answer your phone /grin

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Gwendeline
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grats to yall, wish i could have been there with yall. ill definately be able to come back full time in a couple of months (after this semester) but until then, i am stuck not able to attend do to my classes... (starting to really dispise college)...
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit and work at walmart imo......flexible hours and you get the benefit of working for satan.
Klaanu
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Gratz to all of AH! Reply with quote

I also have not been a member for very long, I also want to say thanks to all of AH. Without you all I would be no where near the progression I am now. I thank each and every one of you for taking your game time and helping those of us not strong enough to help ourselves.

Nin
Gwendeline
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/bonk Culd

the walmart here doesnt even observe the federal/state labor laws...

so no... i wont work for wally world...

plus i get paid more to go to school, than most people where i live get paid before taxes working 60 hours weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: