Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 109
Members: 0
Total: 109
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - AA up for Review (closing April 6th)
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AA up for Review (closing April 6th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was supposed to put an icon on when it works, and I have never ever gotten the icon from it working on me, so is the icon bugged or the entire aa? I'm guessing but no real proof the entire aa is bugged
Bosephus
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Abundant Healing and can verify it works. It puts an Icon in the recipient's short term buff box when it fires, and stacks with any other HoT as far as i can tell. The bug with it conflicting with GoM has long been fixed.

I would not recommend it though.

It costs 25 AAs for level V which only provides a 250hp/tick HoT for 5 ticks. It also has a prerequisite of Healing Gift Mastery III, an additional 18 AAs.
Divinax
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to Shedevill's recommendations, I would add the following for Necros -

move Death Peace to recommended, not required, this isn't particularly necessary in a raid situation

upgrade to required Affliction Mastery 3 from recommended - add the TSS one Mana Fury 3 (increases strength of critical spell hits, causing more damage, pre-requisite is Destructive Fury 3; pre-requisite to DF3 is Fury of Magic Mastery 3) to recommended

add Innate Enlightenment, PoP Adv, to required and add Chaotic Potential, OoW, or even Potential of Serpent Spine, TSS, to the recommended list - this boosts Int and mana significantly

add Sleight of Hand 3, TSS, to the recommended list

add Willful Death 5, DoD, to the recommended list

I would also move Fury of Magic Mastery 3, GoD, to recommended. Although, redundant if Mana Fury 3 is recommended as FoMM3 is a pre-requisite to MF3. In a raid situation, Necros don't really add much dps via DD spells. Yes, having a greater chance to have a critical hit on a DD cast is nice, but you only get up to about 5100 damage from Demand for Blood, a level 75 spell, if you cast it. And, the only reason to cast it is to get the DoT bonus effect, in my opinion. Necros get a bigger bonus from DoT crits; I've seen over 2000 damage per tick from curse line and poison line spells, for example, and higher from Dread and Ashengate Pyre.

edited info regarding Mana Fury 3 which has pre-requisites that give DD spells increased chance to score a critical hit.

Last edited by Divinax on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xikshaaz
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is another aa i think should be on the list for monks, kick mastery, and style of the mimic. both of the are good for extra dps. since kick dmg dont get mitigated much if at all. now im not gonna say the monk aa ive recommended would be good ones to have, im just speakin from experience on them and they do help alot. stonewall aa ( max version of it ) is very handy and a must aa imo.

Xikshaaz
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For beastlords...

Old list: SCR 3, ND 3, MGB, Ambidex, BF 5, WA 5, PoS 3, APD 1, IBF 5
New list: SCR 3, ND 3, MGB, Sinister Strikes, BF 5, PoS 3, APD 1, IBF 5, Feral Swipe
Recommended: Mend, PE, LR 5, ID5, Hastened Mending 3, Warder's Wrath 5, Pet Affinity, Veteran's Fury 3, FoM 3, Roar 3, Warder's Rage 3, WA5, Jagged Claws, Aura of Spirit 3

Why the change from weapon affinity? Feral swipe was finally fixed and is parsing out to about 30 dps for 9 aa. That is an incredible buy. WA5 is still good, but not that good. I think that going with Sinister/Swipe is going to net us more dps in our applicants. AA total is going to be roughly the same.

Some other random comments...

We need to decide if we want to keep GoM 3 or remove it. It was (is still with the upgrade) a very good aa, but if it's not getting use due to levels there is no point in requiring it.

We need to decide if Chaotic Potential, Discordant Defiance, and Mystical Attuning should be recommended for all classes.

We need to decide if Planar Power should be required for all classes.

Clerics are one of those classes that actually have a ton of desirable aa for raids. I know I could probably list 600 aa and still not feel solid on a cleric. However, we need to keep the total number low enough so that we don't discourage our new applicants. So lets try to focus on only vital aa. Think about what you do and use most on raids, and lets go from there and try to come to a consensus.

One necro wants to have the highest level of nuke aa, the other wants to remove them totally. I need to know if you guys are actually using them on raids or not. If not, what are some other aa you might find useful to replace that line with?

Warrior ones I think look okay once we add in the two suggestions from Grav and Suegar.

For paladins should we add Radiant Cure 3 for required? They are the only class that can cast it that we don't require to buy it. How often does it get used by you guys?

Can someone look at the ranger aa? Surely there are some better options then what we currently have.

SK aa are we missing anything crazy-super?

On the monk stuff, I am fine with adding in Stonewall and Mending of the Tranquil. Sinister/Rapid strikes I think will depend on the aa total after I remove imitate death. Again, we don't want to overwhelm applicants. The snare thing and kick mastery will be in recommended, unless you feel that the snare is incredibly great for pulling somehow. Once the mob is in camp it should get snared by other classes. If this is not happening shame on them. We used to require kick mastery, but after seeing parses from Zenshiss where it totalled to 3% of his dps I would say it is not vital.
Kyressia
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think removing GoM3 would be the best course of action, because unless you include the upgrade for it, it is useless over level 70. And if you want to include the upgrade for it, then that is a LOT of aa's...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its 7500 base, but still 2100 is decent only thing is to decide how much more useful it is

I would rate Abundant healing as one of he lesser useful healing aa

its nice, but for those with less than .... 300 or 500 aa id say there are more useful things to get
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend fear resistance for those tanks that are tanking mobs that fear, like say Cazic / Inny Laughing

Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Shieara
Quote:
We need to decide if Chaotic Potential, Discordant Defiance, and Mystical Attuning should be recommended for all classes.

We need to decide if Planar Power should be required for all classes.

In my opinion yes to both of the above.

Quote:
For paladins should we add Radiant Cure 3 for required? They are the only class that can cast it that we don't require to buy it. How often does it get used by you guys?

Yeah I do use RC3 a lot more lately. The CoA mobs kind of require it. We might want to swap celestial stun to recomended and make RC3 required. That stun isn't actually going to either stun or interrupt a lot of the mobs we are facing now. I use it mostly to push mobs into position now.

I would add the DA hammer to the recommended list although it's not an AA.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Froggy, Divine res has monumental use in raid situations, at least potentially. rezed corpses can be rezed again

someone gets a regular rez loots equip DR hits full mana for a class that might be critical to a raid surviving nothing compares, once a night... but for a mere 5 aa, its a wonderful purchase
Kunerk
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with ardnasc
Quote:

Yeah I do use RC3 a lot more lately. The CoA mobs kind of require it. We might want to swap celestial stun to recomended and make RC3 required. That stun isn't actually going to either stun or interrupt a lot of the mobs we are facing now. I use it mostly to push mobs into position now.

I bought celestial stun, but the only use for it seems to be push control (at least for me). and 18 AA's, (9 for divine stun, another 9 for celestial stun) seems like a lot to be able to push a mob when we have regular spells that can do that. I only have to first level of RC, but i use it much more than celestial stun

Kunerk
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly the kind of information I needed, thanks guys. For now we'll plan to swap cstun with radiant cure 3 and then leave it at that, unless there's a paladin skill I am missing that is really great. And of course updating the recommended list to take anything from TSS into account.

As far as divine rezz goes, it is great in a battle rezz situation. Get the rezz, loot your gear, then divine rezz yourself and you are back and full mana/hp and no rezz effects. It won't be on the required list, but I wouldn't be too surpised to see it on recommended.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to compile all this data and I will try to get updated lists posted within the next week or so. It depends kinda on work when I get it done.
Auldaen
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In typical Auldaen fashion, I read through this post late, and noticed not a lot about ranger AA. The required look OK, I know we are trying to keep the actuall number of AA spent down for required, but would suggest maybe 1.

Group Innate Camo: an expensive one, but one that helps raids travel immensly. and its tough enough to assemble groups in a raid to have to think of who has this and who does not

Most of the other Ranger aa do not really add anything new, but give better ranks to previous abilities aside from say: lightning strikes / relentless assault that add flurries and triple atk possibilities.

-Auld
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree group camo for dr00ds rangers is a must.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: