Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 139
Members: 0
Total: 139
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Sunday July 15 - Help unlocking a raid
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunday July 15 - Help unlocking a raid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Sunday July 15 - Help unlocking a raid Reply with quote

Heyas,

I am hoping to put together a group this Sunday at around 5-6 pst to work on the group missions required to unlock the Corruption of Ro raid task. Any help would be appreciated. To do this we would need to do three missions. No special group setup is necessary except for the third mission. I would really like some kind of puller for that one. Descriptions of the missions are below.

One nice reward for doing this is, every time you defeat the raid mob he drops a "chalice of life". If you turn this back into the task giver for the group missions after having completed them she will reward you with an aug, stats are...

AC: 15
HP: +110 MANA: +110
Spell Shield: +2% DoT Shielding: +2%
---------------------------------
Mission 1

Find Shalowen the Pure in Elddar Forest at location -5, -127.

You say, 'Hail, Shalowen the Pure'

Shalowen the Pure says, 'Greetings _____, I am Shalowen the Pure. I often come here to pray for the [corrupted souls] that used to walk among us.'

You say, 'What corrupted souls?'

Shalowen the Pure says, 'Long ago there was a group of Elddar priests that would attend the temple with us. We are unsure of why they stopped coming around here. Would you be [interested in observing] them for me?'

You say, 'I would interested in observing them.'

You have been assigned the task 'Investigating the Elddar' (options are normal and hard difficulty).

Investigate the upper levels of the tree - Tunare's Shrine

When you zone in, you will be inside a tree. There is a spiral staircase that runs all along the edge of the tree. There are essentially five platforms inside this tree, each with 1 x "a priest of Ro" surrounded by multiple mobs, which can include "a corrupted warrior," "a corrupted cleric," "a corrupted druid," "a corrupted enchanter," "a corrupted shadowstalker," etc. The mobs do not respawn and are non-KoS to begin with.

Since they are not aggressive, you can quickly run all the way to the top.

Search the chest for information about the corrupted elves - Tunare's Shrine

On the fifth platform is a chest (called what?) from which you must loot a Figurine of Ro (identifies as "An ancient figurine"), a 5-slot MEDIUM container. Once you loot it, all mobs respawn as KoS and some see invisible. The mobs have a fairly small aggro range, so you may be able to loot the figurine without getting attacked if you are careful. You can either keep your group at the top and kill your way down or keep them at the bottom and kill your way up.

Seek out the corrupted priests for answers - Tunare's Shrine

Kill each of the 5 x "a priest of Ro."

Recover the missing pieces from the figurine - Tunare's Shrine

Each priest drops a Stone of Corruption (identifies as "Carved from a figurine").

Place stones inside of the figurine - Tunare's Shrine

Combine the five stones in the figurine to craft a Restored Figurine of Ro (identifies as "An ancient figurine restored to power").

Return the figurine to Shalowen the Pure - The Elddar Forest

After the final turn-in, a chest (called what?) will spawn with additional loot.
------------------------------------------
Mission 2

(all information on this task needed: dialogues, task text, task stages, mob names, mob levels, mob drops, end loot, etc.)

Shalowen the Pure says 'I have been studying this figurine ______ and have found something pretty interesting. The figurine was made for a priest named Nalderin. With the five stones of corruption placed inside them the priest could use it to corrupt the minds of others. If you are up to it, I would like it if you would seek out this [Priest Nalderin] for me.'

You say, 'Priest Nalderin?'

Shalowen the Pure says 'You will need to return to the shrine. Once you're in there search for him and question him about where he got the figurine. Do be on your way though ______. We are dealing with a powerful force.'

You have been assigned the task 'Questioning the Priest'.

After observing the Elddar and returning the figurine of Ro to Shalowen, he has discovered that the figurine was given to a priest named Nalderin. Shalowen has requested that you return to the shrine and question Nalderin about the figurine and why it was created for him.

[This task begins in Tunare's Shrine]

Tunare's Shrine is the large tree in Elddar Forest (to the south of the Ruins of Takish-Hiz zone).

Unlike in task 1, MOBs are aggro on zoning in. Elder Priest Nalderin is found on the fourth level up from the zone in. Converse with him and he will then attack, warping down one level when his HP drops to 80%. Rinse and repeat.. interrogating at each level and fighting until he warps.

You say, 'Hail, Elder Priest Nalderin'

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'So you are the fools that Shalowen has been sending to do the work that he was to weak to do himself. Shalowen has sent others before you and they have all [failed] so why do you think that this will be any different?'

You say, 'who failed?'

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'Yes they have all failed to retrieve this [information] that Shalowen is trying to get. I don't plan on giving it to you fools either.'

You say, 'What information?'

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'You will die before you get any information from me!'

Elder Priest Nalderin casts a healing aura of protection then joins the battle.

At 80% HP:

Elddar Priest Nalderin Shouts, 'You came here to interrogate me and that was the best that you got?'

Down one level...

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'You fools haven't left yet? I was sure that you would have given up by now like the others. Let me guess, Shalowen wants to know about the [figurine] that you stole from me?'

You say, 'What figurine?'

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'The figurine was power that was given to me from . . . You don't [want to know] where the figurine came from.'

You say, 'I want to know'

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'You fools are starting to make me angry! I will destroy each and every one of you!'

At 60% HP:

Elddar Priest Nalderin Shouts, 'Your pitiful efforts will never get me to talk!'

Down one level...

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'Even if I gave you the information that you wanted to know it would be useless. You don't even have the [key] to enter. . .'

You say, 'What key'

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'It's useless! You should give up now! I will tell you no more. Instead I'm going to bury you here!'

At 40% HP:

Elddar Priest Nalderin Shouts, 'Even if you kill me here today your efforts will be for nothing.'

Down one level...

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'You think that you can just come in here and that I would just [tell you everything]?'

You say, 'tell you everything?'

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'I will die either way, so it might as well be here.'

At 20% HP:

Elddar Priest Nalderin Shouts, 'I've had enough of this game. Come down and I'll show you why you can't stop the corruption!'

Down one last level to the base of the Shrine...

Elder Priest Nalderin says 'The figurine is corrupt and there is even a [greater power] behind the corruption.'

You say, 'What greater power?'

Elder Priest Nalderin says '___, do I look like a fool to you? I will die with this information if I must. I will also die trying to kill anyone who attempts to get this information from me!'

Elder Priest Nalderin has been slain by ____!

Your task 'Questioning the Priest' has been updated.

--You have looted a Sealed Scroll of Ro.--

Hand in the Scroll to Shalowen:

Nalderin attempted to destroy you when you went to question him. You recovered a sealed document and returned it to Shalowen. Speak with Shalowen to learn more about the sealed document.
------------------------------------------------------
Mission 3

Shalowen the Pure says 'I have looked at the sealed document ____. Unfortunately there is no information about who made the figurine for Nalderin. However it did contain information about a [key] to enter the top portion of the shrine.'

You say, 'What key?'

Shalowen the Pure says 'The document says that the key can be created by fusing four pieces of scorned wood. Once you have this scorned wood you must take it too a [crafter] that I know.'

You say, 'What crafter?'

Shalowen the Pure says 'This crafter is a powerful orc. His name is Orgaf.
Once you gather the magical pieces of wood, take them to him.'

You have been assigned the task 'The Key to Corruption'.

(information on this task needed: dialogues, task text, task stages, quest items involved, mob names, mob levels, mob drops, end loot, etc.)

This task takes place in The Elddar Forest. You must find and kill the following treants:

- Remlin the Scorned is stationary and spawns many mezzable adds.

(which abilities go with which treant?)

The other three are Zorbig the Scorned, Drekin the Scorned, and Agrel the Scorned.

- One roams near the edge of the city. It has four protector mobs which need to be pulled away and killed first.
- One roams without pets and is level 73+.
- One is stationary with five protectors that need to be pulled away.

All of the named have an AE root DoT spell named Creeping Oak. They hit for 2200 while adds hit for 1400. Attacking adds will also provoke nearby forest animals to attack as well, so be prepared for that.

Each of the treants drops a scorned piece of wood. Bring the pieces to Orgaf the Crafter.

You say, 'Hail, Orgaf the Crafter'

Orgaf the Crafter says 'What you want with Orgaf?'

You say, 'Shalowen sent me'

Orgaf the Crafter says 'Shalowen! I can make a special key out of wood for friends of Shalowen. Only if you bring me the magical pieces of wood for key.'

Hand in all four pieces of scorned wood.

Orgaf the Crafter says 'You got the magical wood for Orgaf. Wait here and Orgaf make key.'

Orgaf now stands and flaps his arms for a couple of minutes. Then...

Orgaf the Crafter says 'Orgaf done with key. Orcs need it more.'

Orgaf the Crafter says 'The Tribe of the Nodgha shall crush you!'

He attacks. Kill him and loot the key.

Orgaf the Crafter's corpse says 'Lugnah curse your clan!'

Your task 'The Key to Corruption' has been updated.

--You have looted a Carved Wooden Key.--

Your task 'The Key to Corruption' has been updated.

You have recovered the key to the shrine. Travel back to Shalowen and speak with him. He will have further instructions for you.
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in - sounds like fun.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Tetrafluor
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help out
Kunerk
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's room for a second pally in the group i'd like to go, but completely up to you since ard was here first Razz
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my sundays are pretty booked but if im avail ill give you a holler
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, im sure it goes without saying but you know im there =P
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i could help but i think i will still be in bed.. if i can manage to stay out of bed long enough and you still need a healer i will help.. but it doesnt look good Sad
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
xenamten
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in if ull have me
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see who is available and go from there. Looks like we have tankage and prolly healing taken care of, and Xena and me can be dp. So looks like we'll have a decentish group.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all who came out, especially Karrmma who died, umm, a bunch. I was kinda bummed that we only get one key (any can request raid but you need a key to open the door), but oh well. We may take a mini-raid and get more keys one night. Would be good to have at least three.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: