Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 87
Members: 0
Total: 87
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - SENDAII DEC. 14!!!! (15 backup date)
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SENDAII DEC. 14!!!! (15 backup date)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: SENDAII DEC. 14!!!! (15 backup date) Reply with quote

Well the expansion has been out for a bit and it is time to focus back down on finishing flagging for DPoB. People have their new levels/spells/gear and I think we have a much better chance at this encounter now. I'm going to be posting the strats below shortly.

Again, we really depend on people to show for this. I'd like to see at least five clerics and lots of everyone else. Sendaii is not a pushover and the more people we get, the better our chances of winning.

I'd also like everyone to be familiar with the strategy. I will be giving it at the beginning of the encounter but it is rather long. So please be prepared.

A note on guests/boxes. This is not the best raid to box a character, since it requires a lot of movement in one of the phases. If you want to bring your box to the first parts of it feel free, but you may be asked to gate them out in the later part. Guests are more then welcome, but please be sure that you brief them on the encounter so that they are prepared.

I am relaxing the level requirement to 70 for this raid only. This also applies to guests.

I hope to see you all there.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a 54 person event given by Boss Harrowan. You must be indifferent to get the raid (I think you could get it using sneak).

As soon as you enter you will get hit with Curse of the Hivequeen. How annoying this is depends on how many curse aa you have.

1st: Decrease 7/8/9/10/11 Cap by 20, Decrease All Resists by 20
2nd: Decrease 7/8/9/10/11 Cap by 40, Decrease All Resists by 40
3rd: Decrease 7/8/9/10/11 Cap by 60, Decrease All Resists by 60
4th: Decrease 7/8/9/10/11 Cap by 80, Decrease All Resists by 80
5th: Decrease 7/8/9/10/11 Cap by 100, Decrease All Resists by 100

To begin the event you destroy the egg. Before you do this make sure you have buffed your poison resist.

This raid is a wave event, and depends strongly on your tanks, chanters and dps. I think that after each "wave" you get your hp/mana restored.

You will want to set up a CR group. Make sure you have some buffers in the group. A paladin is a good choice as we have quite a few and their buffs are decent. Pair them with a shaman and a spare druid if you have them, and buffs should be fairly well taken care of.

Wave 1: This wave consists of 12ish mobs, all of which hit fairly hard. The venemous AE rampage, Warded are mezzable, and enchanted can CAST unresistable mezz on your raid. The queen is not active at this point. KILL ENCHANTED FIRST. After enchanted die, kill everything except the warded. Leave them for last.

Wave 2: Again, 12ish mobs. This time you have clerics to deal with. Some of the mobs here will charm your raiders. Same as wave 1. Leave the cleric mobs (handmaidens?) for last. The queen is still non-aggro and does nothing.

Wave 3: Okay, this wave is more complex. First, the Queen will stand up and start pooping mobs. Eventually there will be six of them. While she is walking around she is doing her 9k AE, and when all the mobs have popped she shoots out an 11k AE. Key in this phase is to STAY AWAY FROM THE QUEEN. If you die and are rezzed, FIRST look and see where the queen is, drag your corpse to a safe spot, and THEN loot.

Okay now about the six mobs. Firstly, these have a AE that they cast upon death. They also will split upon death into two other mobs (each with an AE on death). Then each of these two splits into three more mobs which also AE on death. Other then the origonal six, these mobs are mezzable.

So here is the plan. First, we will have two spotters keeping an eye on Sendaii and calling for the raid to move around the room, depending on her movements. It is vital that you listen to their instructions and move when they call.

We will be splitting the raid up into two different forces. The main part of the raid will focus on killing the first pop that she spawns as soon as we can get it safely away from her. I am going to give you an example of exactly how we will do this. Tank names were picked at random.

Origonal mob pops. Culdahl tanks this mob and DPS assists him and kills it. It does it's AE(we heal as needed) and two mobs spawn. Culdahl tanks one, and Ardnasc picks up the split. DPS assists Culdahl. His mob dies, spawning three more. Culdahl tanks one, Atuin tanks the second, and Grav tanks the third. We now have those three plus the one Ardnasc is still offtanking. We kill first Culdahl's, then Atuins, then Grav's. Now we are left with the mob Ardnasc has been tanking all this time. We kill her mob. It splits into two mobs, and Culdahl takes the split. Then it splits into three mobs, tanked by Ard, Culd and Grav. We assist Culd and keep killing.

We will kill these hopefully far enough away from casters so that they do not die due to the death AE, but DPS needs to be ready to follow DPS off/on instructions so we can heal AE damage if needed.

Once this mob is dead the majority of the raid will move onto the next mob that she pops out. We will not take one of the ones that the chanters have already locked down unless that is the only thing up.

Which brings me to part two. The second team in our raid will consist of our chanters, a few offtanks, healers, debuffers and a solid dps group. It will be a smallish group but it is no less important then the main one. While the majority of the raid is dealing with this first mob, they will be handling the rest of the mobs that Sendaii is spawning.

Basically the way it works is, Sendaii will spawn the next mob. An offtank will pick this up and the DPS group will kill it. It will pop into two mezzable mobs, which will be locked down by an enchanter. They will continue doing this until we run out of spawns, or chanters can't hold down any more mobs. If there are more mobs then chanters can control then offtanks will take the mobs Sendaii spawns and the DPS group will return to the main force of the raid.

I know this sounds complex but it is the best way I could think of to explain it to you. This part of the raid is about controlling these mobs and killing them in an organized fasion, while keeping away from Sendaii and healing damage done by the adds AE upon death.

Wave 4: At this point the boss comes to life. YOU HAVE NO MORE MANA/HP REFILLS FROM HERE ON!

Sendai at this point has several AE. The only one you really have to worry about is -400 pr based and does a 1.5k DD + 800/tick dot. The others should be resistable with infusion (which we will save until this point).

Get your tank on her and start dps. However be ready. At 75% she is going to split into four mobs. One of these is real. I am told it has different colored hair, but the real way to ID it is it is the only mob that will AE. It also hits harder.

Offtank the fakes and dps the real hard. Eventually she will recombine into one mob.

At 25% you will have mobs rush you, or more probably your healers. Healers should huddle together with the pure casters. Half the adds are stunnable, and half are mezzable. Chanters, wizards and mages need to AE their as much as they can to kill these guys, while the rest of the raid burns Sendaii. If you can AE I expect you to be focused on adds at this point and leave Sendaii to melee dps/necros.

The adds don't have much hps, but they will keep spawning until she dies. So try to finish her off, then finish any adds that the enchanters don't kill. If you completely wipe, even if Sendaii is dead, you fail, so killing her and any remaining adds is vital.

Wow, long post but that is the strategy for this raid.
GenomeReseekwensed
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh.

The 14th is the night of my office xmas do.

Sad

D.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimson potion btw, but last time we did it that didnt work anymore.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The potion doesn't work anymore as far as I know.

And I also know some people are not going to be able to make it due to holiday stuff, but I really want to take a stab at this before the new year. Full flagging would be a good Christmas present for folks.
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DoT you place on yourself has to exceed the spell HP regen you have as buffs....this includes several lines and self buffs and most DoTs do not come close to exceeding the spell regen. So, you're left clicking off several beneficial buffs in order to break the mezz, which I'm not sure is worth the loss from the buff.
Beladonna
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this for DSK access?

Who wants to marry me? I need a new pet!

Placos A'tropine,
Level 64 Dark Elf Warrior,
12 AAs
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beladonna wrote:
Is this for DSK access?

Nope, demiplane.....
Beladonna
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh yes, I'm one or two hard spell missions away from DSK access, any keys needed for this raid?

Placos A'tropine,
12 AAs
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No keys needed, just have to own the DoDH expansion.
Beladonna
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:
No keys needed, just have to own the DoDH expansion.

I'm sure we will "own" the DODH expansion, Own it then laugh in it's face! Mad

Placos A'tropine,
12 AAs
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for coming out!

This raid was a complete pain in the tail but we stuck it through and we won on the second try. Never have I boxed so long in such a stressful situation. That wave 3 was like a nightmare that never ends.

Anyways, we have the hard part down. Now to hit the rest of the mobs and fully flag. We will do Draygun on down again.

If you missed Sendaii, where the heck were you?! Kidding, we will hit her at least once more. I will schedule it well in advance so people can make plans, but it will probably be in January/February.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay another update here, I went ahead and added the T1 encounters in Demi to the future encounters in raid-o-matic. Of course we need to backflag but the info is at least there now.

Aug droppers will be handled like in CoA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: