Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 45
Members: 0
Total: 45
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - April Goals
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

April Goals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very reassuring! I was originally thinking that the damage would scale up to infinity (but with reduced gains over time) so that if you coordinated everyone to fire their pet swarms at once, the damage would rocket up. Alas that isn't the case.

If it only takes 10 pets to max it then no collaboration is needed, given that pet swarm AA would create 10 by itself, not to mention the real pets and pet proc weapons in the area. For continued casting it could be useful to collaborate though. Each mage taking turns to pet swarm, and those other classes doing their pet swarm things when they see the mage swarms disappear.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to take up so much room with the log posts!

Another item a mage can add is the older level 70 pet aura, Rathe's Strength. I try to refresh this on my pet regularly, especially before a big fight.

The mage aura is different than most, as it goes on the pet, and not on me.
Rathe's Strength Effect = Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 10%

Because this is an older spell, it actually does nothing for my pet itself. The modifier doesn't stack with my Burnout 8 spell buff on my pet.
Burnout VIII = Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 12%
Nor will it help BL pet for the same reason -
Unrivaled Rapidity = Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 12%

However, this is an AURA that will hit all the pets nearby. That means by having this spell on my pet, it will increase the damage of my RS pet and my swarm pets, as well as anyone else's pets that don't already have a better buff.

P.S. There is a healing corner and tanking corner forum, where is my DPS corner? Wink
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacatac wrote:
P.S. There is a healing corner and tanking corner forum, where is my DPS corner? Wink

I was just thinking the same thing. Debating on how to divide the classes up, but will make a decision after lunch.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
Zacatac wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing. Debating on how to divide the classes up, but will make a decision after lunch.

I'd be willing to share with the melee if they stop talking about DI and DB and making my head hurt with all their math Exclamation
http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4096
Quote:
(BD * DT) * 1+BDM = Base Max Hit (BMH)
BMH + DB = Max Hit
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please give those forums a test so I know if any of the permissions need more of a fiddle. If an app could please try to post on each of them too that would be great (I can delete their posts afterwards).
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
This is actually a hot debate among the management atm. We've come up with some ways to help maximize dps via communication, exactly as Impsi mentioned. In short, there are a lot of combinations of classes and abilities that provide big benefits. These benefits are often very well known amongst the class that has them, but unknown to everyone else. The pally Aurora spell to boost group heals, ranger auspice raising heal and spell crits as well as melee, mage wave nukes based on the number of pets/swarms in the vacinity. Given the cloth caps and pet weapons from the fabled period, the mage spell I mentioned could do an incredible amount of damage when coordinated correctly.

If I could log on, Id do burn calls. But, if someone points me to the forum it should be put in, I can post my list of class positioning, stack spells, and orders that we zerks keep compiled. It might help you guys a bit as it keeps track of stacking issues, duration for overlap, reuse timers, etc.

Mainly, stacking issues is what you gotta watch for, took me like 2 years to get em all down. This affects groupings -- if my buff gives everyone in group 20% bonus to damage and yours gives 10%, you should be in another group who has none, cause we aint stacking.

Edit note: Last time I checked, familiars do NOT count towards pets in the area.

Edit note2: Check your proc slots, procs CAN lower DPS.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imp wrote:
But, if someone points me to the forum it should be put in, I can post my list of class positioning, stack spells, and orders that we zerks keep compiled. It might help you guys a bit as it keeps track of stacking issues, duration for overlap, reuse timers, etc.

WW just put one in called Casters Corner, http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=34, listed as a forum for DPS or you could put it in the Melee Corner, http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=35, which is a forum for doing more dmg. Dont have a Hybrid corner or DPS corner but either of these will bridge that gap.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acoma wrote:
Dont have a Hybrid corner or DPS corner but either of these will bridge that gap.

Yeah I figures bsts, rangers, bards etc would go to melee mostly, but nods absolutely some classes will find info in multiple forums. Pallies would benefit reading healers corner as well as the tank forum.

I was debating the different ways of splitting it up. Could have made a separate forum for every class, but that would have caused too much repeated info. I could have divided them into int caster, priests, melee and hybrids, but imo a bard has more in common to a rogue than a paladin.

In the end I opted to split them up via raid responsibilities. Namely tanking mobs, healing raiders, casting on mobs, and hitting mobs. Good communication and understanding of all the classes is essential for a good teamwork, so I thoroughly recommend reading updates on all the forums though.
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know im not there at the Moment or anything -- but when I get back Im gonna ask for (again) an official raid DPS channel. Id recommend yall start doing that now though, sooner the better.

From TSS on, events started getting weighed more towards DPS -- hence, yall need a SL, or at least a very knowledgable DPS person, calling burn orders. It would help encounters immensely.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
AH April Goals:
1. Continue to cash in as much fabled loot as possible

In total, just during the April period, we looted exactly 250 fabled upgrades!

Wwein wrote:
2. Beat a SoF raid

We certainly didn't leave much time for it, but we beat BMK1 again last night Smile

Wwein wrote:
3. Reach a typical minimum raid attendance of 40

Certainly reached this goal. Wed and Thurs of this week were exceptionally low (high of 45 to a low of about 30), but throughout April we were more typically over 45 than under. Some nights we even approached 60!

Fantastic work guys, keep it up!
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
Wwein wrote:
AH April Goals:
1. Continue to cash in as much fabled loot as possible

In total, just during the April period, we looted exactly 250 fabled upgrades!

Wow, that is alot of fabled gear, gratz all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: