Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 124
Members: 0
Total: 124
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Heroic stats
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Heroic stats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Heroic stats Reply with quote

So last night somebody was trying to convince me that Heroics>all
Meaning I should be willing to lose Mod2s simply for the benefit of heroic stats.

I'm not convinced, but I'd like to know more. If anyone has some info on exactly what these things do, please add it.

- Heroic Intelligence: For intelligence-based casters, increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen a character can have.

- Heroic Wisdom: For wisdom-based casters, increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen a character can have.

- Heroic Strength: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases damage done by melee attacks and improves the bonus granted to armor class while using a shield.

- Heroic Stamina: Increases hit point pool, hit point regen, and the maximum amount of hit point regen a character can have. Also increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have.

- Heroic Agility: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases the chance to dodge an attack, grants a bonus to defense skill, and reduces falling damage.

- Heroic Dexterity: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases damage done by ranged attacks, improves chance to successfully assassinate or headshot, and improves the chance to riposte, block, and parry incoming attacks.

- Heroic Charisma: Improves reaction rolls with some NPCs and increases the amount of faction you gain or lose when faction is adjusted.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was me trying to convince you btw Razz I know my tanking ability has increased by vast amounts with the t5 group armor from SoD, and that actually lost me vast amounts of ac for tiny gains in hit points. In theory it should have made me far far squishier, but in practice ima better tanks. Now, I do not have the hard data to lay out for you, but nobody does and the parses I see are all flawed. So I cannot prove it to you with the numbers, merely my own ability in having gone from dying as soon as defensive drops on clankwrench and the like to surviving the mobs.

As to specifics, heroic agi adds to ac and your ability to dodge, heroic dex to I dont know and your ability to parry, heroic strength to your dps and to your ac while using a shield. Heroic cha is broken atm, and thats all the ones I cared enough to look up for Elg heh. So no, I'm not saying that heroics > all, I did say the t5 with a PS is > cultural armor, and that I stand by.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suegar wrote:
I did say the t5 with a PS is > cultural armor, and that I stand by.

Yeah, after looking at some numbers it really is. But T3 stuff is not, and T4 is argueable.

I did a T4 (w/ps and +20 purity aug) comparison, changing out my 2 cultural wrists.

Mana +213
HP +161
AC -70
+Mana regen (same)
+Hp regen -1
Total resists -20
Avoidance -6
Spell Shield -2
Shielding +2
Stun -2
DoT shield -6

And T5 (w/ps and +20 purity aug) comparison, changing out my 2 cultural wrists.

Mana +413
HP +283
AC -64
+Mana regen (same)
+Hp regen -1
Total resists (same)
Avoidance -6
Spell Shield -2
Shielding (same)
Stun -2
DoT shield -4

I still have a very long way to go though to get full set of T5, so I thought skipping wrist slots would make it easier (6 less essence to camp!). The new change in armor done in the patch today might help a little.

Currently I need

Tier 3
Wrist, Wrist

Tier 4
Wrist, Wrist, Chest, Head, Feet

Tier 5
All 8 slots

Plus farming the +purity augs

Looking at it from a tank point of view, I can see how the descriptions for +agi and +dex would be more valuable than what I get out of them as a mage (+Int and +sta really only apply).

- Heroic Agility: . . .increases the chance to dodge an attack, grants a bonus to defense skill

- Heroic Dexterity: . . . improves the chance to riposte, block, and parry incoming attacks.

Last edited by Zacatac on Thu May 21, 2009 12:59 pm; edited 6 times in total
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slact camp in FoS is where I got my wrists.. seems to drop fairly often there.
Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aleax wrote:
Slact camp in FoS is where I got my wrists.. seems to drop fairly often there.

That's where I got the one I used for gloves, but it was the only one that dropped in 3 hours for the group.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the t3 essences I did the Bite camp, Audience With The Warmaster is its actual name. You get it, zone in and 15 minutes later named or his ph pops, reget it and repeat till you get essences. Get friends to come help you and then do multiple instances at once Wink I have heard the instance essence drop rates got nerfed, and in t5 and t4 it seems to be true, but this method for t3 seems to work fine still. It saddens me that the only tier I have huge problems getting is 5, I had some problems with 4 and 3 was stupidly easy to get. And that they still didnt address, go go soe.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suegar wrote:
For the t3 essences I did the Bite camp, Audience With The Warmaster is its actual name.

I looked up info on that.
Quote:
Bite spawns every 15 minutes in the task "Audience with the Warmaster" he drops tier 3 essences for all tier 3 pieces: head,arms,legs,chest,head,hands,and wrists.

My guild uses Bite to get all our tier 3 gear. We get a full group and each person gets their own task of "Audience with the Warmaster" and goes in the instance. Usually half of the people will get Bite to spawn in there instance. The people who didnt get Bite to spawn goes to one of the other persons instance and they kill him. After that they go to the next person who got Bite to spawn and kill him there and so on. Once everyone has killed Bite just simply grab the task again. Using this we get our guilds tier 3 armor in no time.

There might be other ways to do this, but this way you do not have to compete against everyone else that in Field of Scale.

Sounds good, unfortunately I can't request that task. Never got all the pre-req tasks done to request it. After I got my FoS faction to ally, and progressions done (somebody else got the task each time), I didn't go back to FoS much. I just did Drake Scourge for the first time about a week or 2 ago.
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zac, you wanna make Monday nights an essence night for us both to get the ones we need?

Here is what I still need:

Tier 3
None

Tier 4
Head, Feet, Wrist

Tier 5
Chest, Legs, Feet, Hands, Arms, Wrist, Wrist

**Update**
Obtained 1 T4 wrist the other night.

Last edited by Kreavan on Wed May 27, 2009 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aergon
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am up for help to get essence and progression stuff, i can request all task in fos for progresion.

I am full t5 and i lost a little AC when change from cultural, but i recover when use symbol on chest from FoS with full t5.

My ability for tank is similar than before, maybe a little better, huge diference is my ability for heal, better dps, i recommend 100% t5 armor for all casters, mana pool rocks and focis too, i pass from 20k aprox of hp to 30k with change of armor and gain like 9k on mana pool too.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to tag along if Zac and Kreavan want to do some essence farming. I still need 3 T3's (not worried about upgrading to t4 just yet). Missing the chest, head, and feet for t3.

Will gladly tag along or help out if you guys wanna do this Smile
Officer

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an interesting comparison on this site -
http://raidloot.com/ArmorSets.aspx

You select multiple sets of armor and then can do a comparison.

I selected the following, and they generally fall in this order (Highest to Lowest).

1. SoF Tier 3 armor (MMM)
2. SoD / Group Tier 5
3. SoD / Group Tier 4
4. SoF / Raid Tier 2 (where AH is at currently)
5. SoF / Group Tier 4 (Prismatic)
6. SoD / Group Tier 3
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacatac wrote:
I found an interesting comparison on this site -
http://raidloot.com/ArmorSets.aspx

You select multiple sets of armor and then can do a comparison.

I selected the following, and they generally fall in this order (Highest to Lowest).

1. SoF Tier 3 armor (MMM)
2. SoD / Group Tier 5
3. SoD / Group Tier 4
4. SoF / Raid Tier 2 (where AH is at currently)
5. SoF / Group Tier 4 (Prismatic)
6. SoD / Group Tier 3

1. SoF Tier 3 armor (MMM) (where we are going)
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mechanics of Heroics is designed so that we cannot really parse it.

Basically, players have heroic stats that do what the descriptions say. They also do it on a noncapped system. IE, you can ALWAYS add more.

They also work before the random modifiers from atks and defenses are applies giving them tons of power.

But the reason you cant find a good parse on heroics is because all mobs in new expansions have what could be termed 'anti heroic stats'

So, if you have 50 heroic AGI boosting your tanking, and the mob has a 20 anti heroic stat, then your practical heroic AGI is only 30.

Because all mobs have different (if any) stats, we cant find a baseline from which to parse. Due to this we cant even determine if heroic stats work on a linear progression (like say, shielding) or a curve (like AC)

So, it is likely the exact value of a heroic stat will never be truly known. Regardles, Heroics LIKELY modify other stats beyond your cap.

So, try it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: