Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 259
Members: 0
Total: 259
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Some thoughts on progression.
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some thoughts on progression.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gurthank
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would prefer to focus on progressing through MMM into Cryst asap. Make Friday a SoD/Flagging day for a change of pace or something.

In other news, Im hoping to get my DSL connection fixed soon. If that happens my attendance should be way up. I haven't been on much lately due to this.. damn you ATT. If anyone can offer some useful input via PM or in game I'd be most grateful.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To continue with progression we need to get back to 54 person attendance all 4 nights a week. There are a few MMM targets we have yet to try but could beat, though a full raid would make this far far easier to achieve. A new weapon to a melee might give us 500dps more, but 1 more group present on the raid could yield 5-20k more dps.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein nailed it on the head.

If we can be full or near full every night, we can beat MMM. If not, then MMM will be hard to complete. It is that simple.

I"m not the guy in charge, but I'm thinking one night a week to do flagging sounds good. Only problem is we have folks that think "nothing drops from there that I want", so they don't show, so we lack the numbers to even do the flagging raid.

Remember folks, we have to get us ALL there (in MMM) to make it doable.
Rwekk
Class Leader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in fairness to the No shows.

Didn't we spend 2 months flagging plenty of people?

Now where are they?

If you flag the next bunch whats to say you don't have the same problem as their guilds progress into MMM.

You don't really have an option though. I expect as underfoot nears more and more people will be coming back to the game.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Well, combining two threads in thought anyway. Reply with quote

Another thought in this same vein is that we should possibly back up a step and hit some TBS raids. This would still provide forward progression for us since Sony was nice enough to extend the flagging for MM items down through TBS when they raped us. How kind they are, benevolent Sony overlords. It might be worth doing a couple rounds of those events. With the events we do regularly, most of us will be fairly close but not quite flagged for raid MM items.

I realize this requires a ring, and some prequests. They are very easy to do now, and if anyone would like help doing them let me know. It alos might be worth doing as a Sunday raid. I'm tempted to try and run a pickup raid myself, but I've never done any of them and have no clue how they work, so I'd much rather attend one led by someone with a clue.

I think flagging people for MM gear would give us a significant boost in our progression. Yes, I realize bigger numbers are better, but better gear makes things a lot easier as well.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBS would be a step back really. The gear from TBS is worse than the group gear we can get from SoD, and even the clickies from TBS are substituted by the classics. Gear upgrades certainly help, but filling a raid have much great effects. There are exceptions though, Queen Mal requires good raiders (ability to follow orders) regardless of equipment or attendance, Brinda requires good equipment regardless of being good raiders or attendance, Krond requires good raiders and attendance, and so forth. Our need for resists on brinda is similar to what we'll need in other MMM and cryst events, so it's vital we raise our ability to survive those dots/DDs.

We continue to grow our equipment, and numbers are starting to rise again, so we'll start beating some of the new targets and can continue progressing. The rate at which we raise our hp/resists/dot&spell shielding and the rate we raise back to 54 people per night will dictate how quickly we progress from here.
Lostin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
TBS would be a step back really.

With the current list of events from the MM gear raid qualifiers, most of AH's raiders are 2 or 3 raids short of qualifying for raid gear. Even if every single bit of solteris gear rots, running through that chain of raids would unlock everyone's MM gear, providing a lot of people in AH with MASSIVE upgrades.

I can hardly see how this would be a a step back, especially if it was done as a bonus raid.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostin wrote:
Wwein wrote:
TBS would be a step back really.

With the current list of events from the MM gear raid qualifiers, most of AH's raiders are 2 or 3 raids short of qualifying for raid gear. Even if every single bit of solteris gear rots, running through that chain of raids would unlock everyone's MM gear, providing a lot of people in AH with MASSIVE upgrades.

I can hardly see how this would be a a step back, especially if it was done as a bonus raid.

Push comes to shove can try to organize a pick up raid or 4 in order to do this. In order to even participate in the SOlteris events you have to have a city in peril task completed in full first. I still have alot of work to do on that quest but I am sure I can get it done before I can achieve Void E flagging seeing as the void progression is much longer and harder.
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where I saw it but i thought it was multiple solo tasks and then multiple group tasks to request the Solteris events or whatever but im not 100% sure but imo step back too. If you look on the list for MM yes lot of people are 2-3 away. Arent a few of MMM events on there? And Kith is gonna go down soon isnt that also on there? Im not sure cause i only looked at list once but why go way back to get what we can get thru what we want to do according to the poll.

As far as void e goes, in 2 days u can get void e no prob if you got the time. B is a cake walk, C is a cake walk, FoS i can pretty much 2 box its not hard long as you can request the task. Now Warrens is more of a pita but it still isnt too hard just need to put time into them. Raspers Repository is the best site for all your flag questions and good guide to the zone augs if your doing them. Id help ya Acoma but your never really on when I am but void prog really isnt that bad.

Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendalor wrote:
Not sure where I saw it but i thought it was multiple solo tasks and then multiple group tasks to request the Solteris events or whatever but im not 100% sure but imo step back too.

As far as void e goes, in 2 days u can get void e no prob if you got the time. B is a cake walk, C is a cake walk, FoS i can pretty much 2 box its not hard long as you can request the task.

For you these things may be easy but for me they are not because of my playtimes and total lack of skill somedays.

The solteris thing is City in peril and it has many solo and group tasks to it. Probably not worth it seeing as the events really dont look that fun to me. But it would give us the ability to get the min number of required raids for the MM raid loot.

You need any of the MMM raids, we have beat 3 of them and only 2 more than once I think. So 2 or 3 here.

Any SoD event above tier one. Teir 1 hards dont count now. So We have RR as the only one we are beating regularly and the regular counts as one and the hard counts as one supposedly. So 1 or 2 here.

Any Crystalos counts, cant even do them since we have not finished MMM.

Any Solteris, 7 of them, you have to do a semi-long quest to even particpate plus a few other things to request. They are scripted events like hatchet, tower and MMM events. First 3 events seem doable.

So I am pushing for our members to show up in force so we can push through MMM instead of back peddling older content then we are currently doing.
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how to link what you said Acoma but here it is.
Any SoD event above tier one. Teir 1 hards dont count now. So We have RR as the only one we are beating regularly and the regular counts as one and the hard counts as one supposedly. So 1 or 2 here.

http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5777

in that post if you look down on the bottom we can get multiple sod ones done or very doable. Queen hard we almost had the other night when i was there. Stop the ascension hard i havent done but i know AH has. Bloody Kith hard not yet but not too far away i hope. Rallos Returns of course. So thats 3 maybe 4 outta there. As far as MMM goes if AH has killed 3 of em at one point only need 1 more outta there for 7 so in reality its only a stone throw away long as we start hitting MMM good imo.

Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendalor wrote:
I dont know how to link what you said Acoma but here it is.

http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5777

in that post if you look down on the bottom we can get multiple sod ones done or very doable. Queen hard we almost had the other night when i was there. Stop the ascension hard i havent done but i know AH has. Bloody Kith hard not yet but not too far away i hope. Rallos Returns of course. So thats 3 maybe 4 outta there. As far as MMM goes if AH has killed 3 of em at one point only need 1 more outta there for 7 so in reality its only a stone throw away long as we start hitting MMM good imo.

Queen, Rotturd and Kith raid are all teir 1 and the hard versions do not count on the live servers.

These where only on the test sever when it went live they removed Teir 1 hard raids from the list of required targets. Now only raids in SoD that count are Tier 2 (FoS) regular or hard and up. If hard teir 1 counted I would be able to request classic raids but I cannot.
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ack didnt know that...well that sucks lol MMM all the way then!!!

Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendalor wrote:
ack didnt know that...well that sucks lol MMM all the way then!!!

hehe, only took a bunch of post on eqplayers forums to figure it out. I hate DEVs now most days.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I don't want to do MMs for my gear anyway Mad

./ducks really low
Lostin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Well, Reply with quote

I personally see calling raids because low numbers as shooting yourself in the foot. When people do show up, only to have a night where we don't kill much because not enough people are in the raid, and we just throw up our hands and say; "meh, let's not do anything" then it's worse than taking a step back. It's a total and complete lack of momentum in any direction.

Given the option of taking a step back and doing something that benefits some people, or stopping all momentum and taking aim at our toes, I'd much rather kill older content, or kill something, ANYTHING...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: