Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 253
Members: 0
Total: 253
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - How to get a buff during a raid.
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to get a buff during a raid.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: How to get a buff during a raid. Reply with quote

Ok I just had to write this after last nights Steamfactory event. I ended up leading the raid, leading the grenadier group and was the only ranger that was there at the time to pass out our most wonderfuly delightful buffs.

At each raid we try to get relativly close to our encounter and then Buff up and do strats. If for some reason you happen to miss it then you have to go a round about way to fill in your gaps. Dont send tells to the RL, ask for more info in /raidsay or use /say-/ooc-/shout if you need something.

If you need more info on the strats given please ask your group leader either in /group or /tell, they will usually be part of the managment team of Ah and can answer your questions. If they are not use the raid channel for the night and someone will answer it for you when they get a chance. (ahraid or ahopenraid)

If you miss some buffs or you died and we are regrouping and you realze you are missing a buff please do not start asking for said buff in the raid channel for the night. Use the alt+r function to bring up your raid window, look for the class that casts the buff you need then send them a tell.

The reason I say this is because it is so much easier for the caster to cast a buff on you from a tell by hitting /rt which will automatically target the last person that sent you a tell, if you are close. This makes buffing on the go much faster then me misspelling your name 5 times trying to get a target on you because I raid will all names turned off.

So in closing please be mindful of the different hats many of the raiders in this fine organization wear any given night. And if you happen to not get a reply from Drysst the shaman or Kalakob the cleric it is because Acoma the ranger is busy doing something else and I will get to you as fast as humanly possible. Or totally miss it, and if that happens then send Acoma a tell because it is harder to miss things on the 24" monitor compared to the 17" laptop screen.

Thanks again for another fun evening of raiding and lets keep on winning events and gearing up so we can move on up in content.
Vahlaura
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, makes good common sense Smile
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, and brings to mind my point.

Please DO NOT send tells to the RL. I know you mean well, but we're SO busy it slows down the whole raid. If it's a question, ask in group or our chat channel. If it's to request a buff (i.e. Acoma was only ranja on for SF) Ask yourself if you HAVE to have it. Tank lineup I can see asking for CoF, but that's about it.

Personally, I'm amazed at Acoma. 3 boxing and being RL.... Shocked I get stressed playing 1 toon and being RL Laughing
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elric wrote:
Aye, and brings to mind my point.

Please DO NOT send tells to the RL. I know you mean well, but we're SO busy it slows down the whole raid. If it's a question, ask in group or our chat channel. If it's to request a buff (i.e. Acoma was only ranja on for SF) Ask yourself if you HAVE to have it. Tank lineup I can see asking for CoF, but that's about it.

Personally, I'm amazed at Acoma. 3 boxing and being RL.... Shocked I get stressed playing 1 toon and being RL Laughing

Its not that bad as long as the others in the command channel help out with pick up questions, doing strats and what not. We are a team after all and working together is the only way that this is going to happen and we have been doing a pretty good job I feel.

I did not mind the requests for buffs, trust me I understand the needs for buffs seeing as I am pretty much a silk wearer with out them. Being the only one able to cast them means that you need to contact me in a tell and make sure that I am even close to where you are, lol, not up in the rafters. It just comes down to being considerate of what is going on around you. I realize most of you are just bored silly waiting for the raid to start and cant figure out why we have not started the killing yet. It is because things like the above, people leave and groups need to be shuffled, and any number of other things are all going on.

Thank you all for putting up with our learning curve here and the better we get as a whole the more we will be able to CONQURE! Very Happy
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, learning curve is very apt. Laughing

I try and offload the RL title to anyone who is willing to take it Mad

That is for one simple reason. Being RL is VERY stressful, spreading it around means noone gets burnt out.

Yes, raids aren't as fast as you'd like. Remember, if you would like to step up to being a RL, just ask a SL, we'll give you the pain hat...errr reins.

Remember, RL isn't a SL, we're trying to get folks to master 1 or 2 events, lead those, then pass RL to someone else. This way noone gets burnt out Very Happy

If you're RL, you don't have to designate everything, that's what us SL's are here for. We'll assist in group makeup, tank selection, dps setup, strats, everything but the actual leading of the event.

I know there are folks out there that want us to go faster on raid nights, here is your chance Laughing
Puvia
Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to lead but I have this job that limits me to raiding 1 night a week. I might be getting another job during the day and phase out this current job but not for the purposes of raiding. I need to get back to seeing the daylight lol and do some sun tanning.

I have ideas to make raids faster but I have yet to lead a raid so I am not sure what ALL is expected of the RL at the time. No I enjoy laying back and throwing heals time to time so responsibility is beyond me at the moment.

Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puvia wrote:
I would LOVE to lead but I have this job that limits me to raiding 1 night a week. I might be getting another job during the day and phase out this current job but not for the purposes of raiding. I need to get back to seeing the daylight lol and do some sun tanning.

I have ideas to make raids faster but I have yet to lead a raid so I am not sure what ALL is expected of the RL at the time. No I enjoy laying back and throwing heals time to time so responsibility is beyond me at the moment.

Delegate, organize groups, move people for CoTH, task things, reorganize groups after mass exodus, get toons to the raid spot, keep everyone together after a mass wipe, inforce structure/rules/strats, stay on your toes for invites from LD/new addiditons, announce key parts of the raid as they happen, and I know I am leaving out other things.

There are many parts but like I said with the others helping out with strats, task managment(never be the raid leader and the task leader), directions, raid dumps(this is important and I usually forget about it) and other things you as the raid leader just pretty much make sure to get all 7-12 groups balanced and together with the right mix of toons that complement each other while factoring in survivability for the choosen encouter. All the while adding new toons as they show up for each encounter. While also creating a Main tank group that can live and trying to keep all the toons that box together.

Thankfully elric seems to remember to do raid dumps and seems to like to add the raids to the website and I have not had to add a raid to the site since fabled time. THANK YOU ELRIC! Because that is truly the delicate part of raid leading. That and keeping it all together with out loosing your mind, lol. I did manage to give myself a nose bleed the last raid I lead, haha, that was fun.

If you want to try Puv just let us know the night you can do it and what you want to try and hit and brother you are more than welcome to have the wheel for the night! Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: