Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 143
Members: 0
Total: 143
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Runes
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Runes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Runes Reply with quote

First of all great job in MMM last night my first wins in there and that was fun. Now here is what this is about tho, the Glowing Prismatic Rune was autoed to a chanter and I was told its for there best haste which i wasnt aware of. Now im all for havin the best haste ingame as much as the next person is but thats 8 runes down the line or something. My first and only disc I get from the rune is my Crystalpalm Rk3 probably monks best offensive disc overall. Now I cant speak for other classes cause i wasnt here when this exspansion came out and dunno if anyone else gets something from this rune that they would still use or not because the other runes i have significant upgrades from SoD tomes thus I dont need. Im just wondering if the Glowing Prismatic Rune is always going to get autoed to a chanter so they can get haste down the road or if they do get rolled on as that was the first glowing prismatic rune that I could roll on since being a member and I didnt even get to. 1 rune is all i need to get my best disc and not sure if other melee are the same way or not and if its always going to get autoed I will never get my tome. I know im still new and trust me I love my haste but i would love to have my best disc possible also so I would just like to know how this gets handled usually so I know for future reference.

Oakblade
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a whole thread on the forums here about the SoF runes Sand. Basically asking for feedback and such on chanter haste, and also what other classes benefit from what runes. They ask for class input and so on. Should be able to answer all your questions there and you can leave info on Monks needs also.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the thread.
http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5246

It was decided via poll that the overall raid would benefit more by having enchanters with Rank 3 of the best haste in the game (no upgrade in SoD).

You having 1 disc is good for you. An enchanter who buffs the entire raid with haste 3 is beneficial to all the melee (and you).

That being said, we already have a number of enchanters who have haste rank 3 now, so runes are not always defaulted because those enchanters are done.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendalor, first off, thank you for your input.

As for the runes, I believe almost all enchanters have that atm, so most can be randomed off now, or allocated to another class. Haste III was deemed more beneficial to the raid than most classes getting a spell/disc they'd never mem.

We have few monks we can count on nightly. If you feel this is an important disc, please start a thread on it. IMO, once chanters get haste, if monks need it that badly, I don't see why monks don't get preference now.

AH is NOT about improving individuals, we are about improving the orginzation as a WHOLE.

MORE wins = more LOOTS for ALL Very Happy

just my 2 cp

Elric

Actually Sendalor, the more I think about it, the more I think you have a valid point. I'll start a new thread.
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to get it straight I dont think monks should get it autoed to em I just want a fair chance at winning but between classes that will actually use Smile

Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendalor wrote:
Just to get it straight I dont think monks should get it autoed to em I just want a fair chance at winning but between classes that will actually use Smile

The problem with rolling on them at first was that we got them so rarley that we decided to default them to the class that would benefit the raid the most. That was the enchanter.

Now we can probably start to random them off but it will just get my goat to see a toon who will never actually use the rune roll on it for S&G to fill out their book when someone else would use it every burn or raid buffing.

Being LvL 85 now on my toons I dont have any SoF runes that would be an upgrade to the raid or really any other way for the ranger/shaman/cleric team. Now lvl 80-81 toons will find most of the SoF runes to be an upgrade but not sure just how many would be Raid Upgrades for us.

If this helps raise your DPS output during a burn I dont see why monks dont get next shot at them. Or we pick which classes really can use the upgrade every raid and just let those classes roll on them might be best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: