Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 131
Members: 0
Total: 131
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Rallos
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rallos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want to go back to Rallos Returns?
yes
74%
 74%  [ 26 ]
no move on already
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 35

Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is plenty of content we haven't done. Saying we should go back and beat every single raid, even if we don't need to, well where does that end?

The same people who want to beat every raid also wanted us to beat MMM and Crystallos. Shall we go back to DPoB because I need my 2.5 and never saw Mayong? Or work on Deathknell?

I know it seems a bit frustrating, but we have to balance out things like gearing up with progress. We didn't have 54 people in full Crystallos raid gear to begin SoD raiding. We are now trying to beat raids with mostly group gear.

So while the UF nights might seem like a waste, it's helping the overall goal of getting some people better gear to attack the raids we want to beat. Not everyone has a group. Not everyone can do T7 zones and 10k hitting named.

I don't think UF night will be on our schedule forever, but at least give it a little time. Wiping over and over to a raid we don't need to do (except to flag people for OMM. . . ) is always going to be there for us.
Oakblade
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any and all of the SoD raid targets would be good for AH.

New recruits and such would benefit of the easily gained loot from the lower raids for random rolls or low tiers.

Most would benefit from the raid techniques learned from beating them. Nothing beats experience.

Almost all would benefit from the hard version essences and loot.

More runes to go around for Rk3 spells, I am pretty sure most still could use some.

For a lot of us I am sure its the progression and finishing quests/content that would be a plus, let alone the fun of doing it for the first time and together as a whole.

With that said I didnt notice anyone mentioning Showdown at Crystal Core raid in the warrens. If we can beat Pallorax I am sure we can beat that, it is mainly DPS, assisting and crowd control. Drops nice loot and would be one more target eventually we may be able to beat on hard even. Also will give people another notch in the classic raids if they are trying to get into them and opens up spells for some classes.

These are just my 2 coppers, I have no inclination in leading any raids, been there done that way too many times and have been more than happy with all the AH officers have done leading and deciding targets.

AH is a bonus time in EQ life for many, extra raids, more loot etc.. I am along for the ride and willing to help out as much as I can on the ride. I personally would have loved to finish MMM and Crystalos just to finish those zones, to do those quests. So sub par loot or content wouldnt be a problem for me, its about the journey (of course with loot mixed in).

PS: Just read Zacs after I wrote mine and wanted to add that I would love to go back and see Mayong lol, not for 2.5, but mainly to see him and kill him. I would even enjoy going back to AG and FC and seeing how fast they could be blown up nowadays. Loot is number 1, I understand and agree with that and the UF grp content is a fast easy way to get toons loot they may not be able to get on their own. But the other 25% of the game to me, not sure about others, is the fun of winning an event and seeing new Mobs. Basically the Quest in Everquest. A couple of really fun nights in my guild I remember going back and blowing up Time, just to do it, just to see how easy it was and also for others who had never seen it to enjoy it.

Last edited by Oakblade on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakblade wrote:

With that said I didnt notice anyone mentioning Showdown at Crystal Core raid in the warrens.

I've mentioned it a few times. I even posted back in August I need to do the prereq. quest so I could trigger the raid. I still need that quest. . .

This is the list of Tier 3 raids.

Korascian Warrens - Showdown at the Crystal Core
Rathe's Council Chamber - The Brothers Zek
Rathe's Council Chamber - Eriak's Downfall
Rathe's Council Chamber - Rallos Return
Toskirakk - Fall of Toskirakk
Korafax - Pallorax the Soul Slayer
Korafax - Mindshear Avatar
Korafax - Venom Lord Ksathrax

Our hope is to get Crystal Core, and Fall of Toskirakk, on our target list soon, as well as all 3 Korafax raids.
Oakblade
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can request it if noone else can, even though I am sure we have a bunch that could for Showdown. But if none are on just give me a hollar. Same with Tosk one probably also, but I will have to double check that one.
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakblade wrote:
I would even enjoy going back to AG and FC and seeing how fast they could be blown up nowadays.

Actually we finished FC and killed Beltron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: