Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 89
Members: 0
Total: 89
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - SRT action
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SRT action

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dannes
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: SRT action Reply with quote

We came, We saw, and We KICKED SOME GOD ASS!!

GRATZ AH on Solusek Ro kill !!

a HUGE thank goes to Korinne and Shieara. for leading and handling the piggies. we manages to get everyone into the chamber tho we had more piggies then we thought. and now to something not that cheerful.

first of all lemme say this. i do not mean to offend someone personal here. this is just somehting u all should be aware off. i will not name any names. if u think that i offended u in any way please take a min and think about what i posted here. in case u still think i am a bitch and need to be flamed then please send me a tell ingame and we can settle this:

i think most of u dont know what it means to lead a not guild raid organisation like us. we have ppl attending 100% of raids. we have ppl beeing here once a while. thats is ok due u we do not have a raid obligation. that means we have to do flagging events way more often then in a normal guild to get all of u flagged. as u see we do ask a lot what flaggs ur missing.. we even do raids where we only backflag 2 or 3 of u so we do get a step closer to the ele plains. now please keep in mind that Shie is doing alot of work here tracking targets and puttign the raid together.. and Korinne who is handling all the piggy things. we do actually start about 1 hour early to prepair for the raid. and then after the raid is doen we do chat about it so that we might get it smoother done next time. we also read up infos about new mobs and events we could do. this takes up a lot of private time to do so. not to mention to keep this homepage up and running. think of it how many hours they sat there doing the scriping....
lemme show u what we do what u usually do not notice due u r not in SL channel:
we prepair for the mob in advance, organize the raid, get strats out, repeat strat to some ppl who didnt listen, repeat strat to ppl coming late, lead ppl even invis to the mob we wish to kill, check on buffs, get heal chain right, check on tanks and pullers, then finnaly when we got this all done: ull get a tell that someone was afk and dies 2 zones back, rest of raid is getting agnry due the delay because we try to get the one person a coth, and then finnaly all at spot, buffs start to fade, rebuff time, NOW INCOMING %T, check that everyone is doing the work they r assinged to, if someone dies: who was it? key figure like cleric tank kiter mezzer slower? if so deligate someone else with the job the poor dead one had, get important info to ppl during fight/kite/mezz due 10% forgot what to do, then someone has 2 secs of brain lag and aggroes the wrong mob, or brings an add from behind, somehting we explained befor not to do happens, change plan assign ppl to covr that, then finaly mob hp <0 meaning we won, but we had some deads, start reszzing ppl, oops 2 persons pop in PoK due we lack the manpower to keep all piggies in, hurry on rezz, tell a druid to succor with a mage so the piggy can get in again, then coth em for the flag, ohhhh PP depoped, not all get the flaged we worked for, now during all this stress we do get tells for: buffs, target wishes, group wishes, oh i dont like xy mobfight, and private chat... try to imagine how this is when we fail 2 raids? moral is down evreyone is angry about themself or someone else or the mob or sony.

just to give u all a littel insight of what is going on as a SL and raidleader.
again if u find yourself in this little storry i wrote do not just brain off, flame post on. wait 5 min relax a bit refelct what i wrote and then if u still think i am totally wrong about somehting then u can msg me ingame. belive me when i say all this happens on raids.. mistakes r made by even the best of us. it happens. just try to minimize em. and stop whining.

now that this is all said flameon
Dannes
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u find typos u can keep em
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said.....I wouldn't want any of your jobs on these raids. Kudos to all the RL/SL's, you guys are among the best I've raided with in my three years playin EQ.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/hugs Dannes and Culd

Umm Dannes I think I got all of that but I had to read it twice.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Dannes
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it is late. i migth rephrase that later
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh I don't really know what to say.

First I guess I don't think I am a very skilled raid leader. I think most of the credit should go to the SLs for helping me, and just to our members for knowing how to play. All I really do is shout a lot, they do all the work.

I think there has been some confusion on a few points. Mainly, how targets are picked and what our goals are. Our long-term goal is to kill the EP gods. Yes, I would like to kill Coirnav and all those with AH. Who knows if it will happen, but that is why it is a long-term thing. I think Fennin is well within our reach in a few months. Anyways, short-term I would like to finish ep flags for us as an organization, and start doing some elemental mobs which should be good loot for a lot of us. DoN our goal is to get everyone done with Volkara. We will retry her in a month or so when we have better gear and this time we will win...I love that raid though because it is a challenge for us.

Like Dannes said, because of the type of organization we are there is just going to be more backflagging then in a normal guild. That's just the name of the game here, and seriously I don't mind. I like most of the PoP targets, though sorry I hate killing MM and Carp cycle. We still will kill them more though. Also, if Baxter had not started leading raids I never would have gotten past PoJ trials most likely, so I want to help others like he did me. All I ask is that people be patient, we will get there I promise Very Happy

I guess I can define how I pick targets. First I scout what is up, or send scouts forth. Usually I do PoP and Wend does OoW. Then, I get people in channel and look at who we have. Sometimes you need specific classes, like I would not want to try Bertox with just one chanter and no warrior. Then, after that, I look at the flag tracking page and try to see which is needed the most. Then I ask in raid and get tells from people like you all have seen. Whichever viable target is needed by the most people is chosen.

Last night we ran into a situation where, we had like one that needed Bert, two that needed villagers trial, one that needed Grumm, etc. It was all spread out. Also we had way too many people for DoN. So in those instances I usually try to pick something that will flag at least one person and also drop loot for us that is decent. There is no favoritism involved here guys. Every decision I make is made while trying to keep in mind all of us as an organization. I don't claim I always make right decisions but I always try.

I really want everyone to be EP flagged. I am glad so many got their Fire flag last night, and for those who didn't make it we will kill him again soon for you. I promise I will be doing my damndest to get everyone flagged.

So maybe that will help if people are confused on why stuff happens sometimes. I think all our members are trying their best.
Sareen
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say thanks for all yall do in getting the raids put together. I know it takes a lot and I applaud yall for getting out there every week and getting it done.

As for last night, I wish I could have stuck around past Agnarr, but I was falling asleep and I didn't want to be one of those afk and dead Wink Grats guys that got SolRo
Soraak
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/cheer Raidleaders and Squad Leaders

Thank you all for everything you do for us. I know that without the things you guys do for AH I would not be two kills away from EP flagged. I felt like a mooch getting my SolRo flag without even being there for the kill, but was glad to get it however I could.

Soraak
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our leaders do awesome work Razz it never fails to amaze me even when perpetually late people like me can get to the raids and help as best we can. so kudos to the leaders Very Happy as to killing coirnav and them, honestly atm i have no doubt at all we could smack xeg and fennin around, and probably coirnav Razz
Herkybevo
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you RLs/SLs do one hell of a job. I used to be in that unenviable position of being an RL for my old guild. It was no picnic. You could never make everyone happy. When they would complain, why are we doing this target, I would answer because I am the RL and this is what I chose. If they didnt like it, they knew where the raid disband button was. We have come a long way, and I can only see us going farther together. People need to remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. That being said, I will see everyone tonight to kick some more Mob butt.
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are the bestest, if i hadnt become part of AH i would have canned eq long ago...

you guys made me interested in the game again, with raids and so on. i was pretty much at a dead end with my char until i met you guys that one day in castle mist moore. i was pretty much the raid officer in my last guild, so i know what u guys are going through when these raids go on, you are getting millions of tells, usually with dumb questions(but feasable...).

takes alot of work to do what you guys do, especially not being a guild, so some people are probably wondering whos going to do something wrong... but noone does because everyone is told there role and when to do it, makes things alot less complex(for the members not SL or RL...) and eliviates some of the worries im sure alot of you have when raiding with what looks like a pick up raid, but is the total opposite, it is well organized and structured. it must have taken you all alot of hard work to form ah in the beginning. but its formed and going strong.

PS:
most guilds cant do what we do with the numbers we usually have, this is pure skill guys, keep it up... ) Erwim was shocked that solro got pwned without a single death and only 28 in raid.

GO AH!!!

you put alot of work into AH and it definately shows.
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and as far as skills being a raid leader go, you look up the info and have it ready, you inform us what we are up against and how to prepare, what else do u need? )

sounds like a good raid leader to me...
Muvar
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Awesome! Reply with quote

CONGRATS!! Sounds like you all are having way too much fun w/o me. I'm glad all is going well.
Know that if I wasn't already involved with so many guild events and raids I'd be a die hard raider with you. Not to mention I am on the east coast..so weekends are normally the only time I can attend.
As far as raid leaders/targets/strats/prep etc. I would never wish that job on anyone...and unless you have been there it is hard to even imagine what a PITA it is/can be. Dannes is not exagerrating at all with the line of events described and honestly I think AH raid leaders put up with MUCH more than most guilds raiding at that level will/do. I'm am amazed everytime I have raided with you all at the patience the raid leaders have had dealing with people who don't listen...afks...people who don't pay attention etc. KUDOS to AH and it's leaders for keeping it together and going.
You will never hear a complaint from me about anything..just happy to raid with you all when i can Smile

Muvar
Minihalem
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey grats on sol ro...on to fenin ro! hes easier!
Bawng
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off Congrats on Sol Ro. I also wanted to throw in my 2cents as a very sporadic attendee. What the leaders of AH have done and continue to do is nothing short of remarkable. The selflessness they have shown and the help they have provided to so many is hard to describe. I only wish I could attend more often, but the wonderful thing is the once a month or so that I am able to show up I am always greeted with friendly hellos and a well organized raid. Thanks again.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Shieara and the SLs really deserve all the praise they are getting. Shieara has stepped up to the plate and helped me when I would be floundering. Baxter Dbyx Nayl Zhirek and myself decided when this took on a life of its own...that we would try to remember who we are dealing with. You are all intelligent people but you may not be as experienced as someone in a raiding guild or an old timer AHer like Ghraa or Threep or Inish.

No matter how many times we do the mob there is going to be a few minutes lag time where we stop and explain our strategy. I know its hard but please remember there are new faces every raid. So please stop what you are doing and pay attention even tho you have heard it a million times. Many times you will miss the MA and ST because you have tuned out the strats. (Even I am guilty of this) Sometimes the strats are lengthy but if you know each stage of the fight ahead....you will know how it affects you and be better prepared and I think that is what sets us apart. We expect the best from all ....and our squad leaders are some of the best people I know...they are patient, friendly and extremely experienced. If you are new, remember they are an excellent resource.

Class leads also need to be applauded. I love how we always have a beast in the healing channel so they know when we are lom and boom mgb perfection! I love how the rangers all the sudden hit TS at the same time and the mob drops like a ton of bricks. It's awesome when we have a knight channel and Bertox goes off w/o a hitch. The chanters are amazing with some of the strats they come up with....I sit in that channel and /boggle I dont' know how they do it.

So anyways ...keep up the good work but the point I think Dannes was trying to get across was...be patient, pay attention and be understanding. If you think you can do a better job, talk to me ...you may have your raid leader try out. It isn't as easy as you might think (that's why I help Shi when she is on ...rather than me leading Razz)

I think we have made incredible progress in a short period of time and I am looking forward to future raids Smile

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: