Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 75
Members: 0
Total: 75
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Changes...sort of
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Changes...sort of

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Changes...sort of Reply with quote

Heyas guys,

This post is to inform you of some changes to AH mostly stemming from some rl stuff going on with me. It will be a little long, but please read through to the end.

It has taken me six years and five changes of major, but I finally will be graduating from college. So this weekend after my last exam I will be moving back in with my parents while I hunt for a job. I do have a backup plan of getting more schooling but I am hoping to avoid resorting to that.

At any rate, this does mean some changes for AH.

Firstly, I will be offline for about two weeks to set things up at home. I'm going to have to run some sort of wires under the floor or something which will be fun because I get to play with power tools, but not so fun because it may take me awhile to get around to. Mom got some weird kind of internet I guess. Second, I will be unable to get online until probably 5-10 minutes before we raid. It's my parents house which means they have the internet until they go to bed at around 10pm (that's 8 pst).

Once I get set up I am going to *try* to keep raiding with you guys. But the fact of the matter is I will have no income, which means I may end up without any way to pay for a subscription. Also, if it disturbs dad who is on the ground floor I will quit playing right then. He needs everything he can get to heal up. Also if there is too much stuff I need to get done during the day, AH is going to have to get cut due to how late the raids are.

With that said, Korinne will be taking over leading while I am gone, with assistance from Ghraa and Dannes. Of course Baxter too if he logs on. I hope to be back in mid-august, but that will just depend on how things go. If I get lucky I may be back earlier then that. I expect that AH will pull together and help on target scouting. Wendaen, Dannes and I have been doing it all. Below is a list of all the targets I do, and how I scout them. Keep in mind I use a ranger for most of this.

I am really sorry that I won't be there for awhile, but as I am sure you all know rl comes first. It's very scary taking my first steps into the adult world, but it has to be done. If for some reason I cannot return, I want to say that I am proud to have been able to lead you guys as far as I have. I wish you all the best.

List of Crap to Scout:

Maniac Behemoth: trackable from zonein
Agnarr: trackable from zonein
Carprin/Bertox: Trackable from zonein, look for spectre of corruption for bert trigger
Grummus: move a bit into the zone and he is trackable
Saryn/KoS: rangers will have to run in partway to the tower to pick her up on track
TT: trackable from PoNb zonein
AD: trackable but you need to move into the zone
Rallos Zek: trackable from zonein
TZ/VZ: need rogue scout or bard
SRT minis: rogue scout
Sol Ro: ranger can track him but you need to move away from the zonein past the lava
HoH trials: trackable from zonein
MM: trackable in HoHb
Xegony: trackable from zonein
Fennin Ro: Look for Guardian of Doomfire near tables
PoAir rings: I used a rogue and ran from island to island to see which looked like they were in full spawn
Earth rings: dusty warder is ph for one ring, the rest I visually confirmed with rogue
Fire minis: trackable with ranger
All OoW mobs: trackable with druid/ranger (talk to Wendaen)
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those first steps are pretty scary let me tell ya. For my first job I ended up moving to an area of the state I had never been to and far away from anyone I knew. I do well on my own don't get me wrong but was pretty doggone lonely those first few months. Thank goodness I had Trib visit me for a good portion of the time off and on.

Don't worry about AH. I'm still pretty leary of being a RL myself but happy to fill in when they let me. We will simply rotate the RL duty among a few of us and go on with business as usual. I do computer network stuff for a living Shieara so let me know what issues you have with getting internet in your room and I will try to help. Shame you don't live close.

If its a hassle running cables and your parents have ANY sort of broadband then you might want to consider a wireless router. It will do the logging in and everything for you. If you get a really good one (like the Dlink GamerLounger) with a high gain antennae it will cover a large house pretty easily. The antennae makes a huge difference. Remember typical FAST broadband is still only 1-4 megabits per second. Sloooow wireless is still 11 - 48 megabits per second so wireless won't make you lag at all in your online games if its set up right. The Dlink i mentioned is 56-108 megabits per second and I play Unreal/Battlefield through 2 walls. My pings are in the 80's whether I am playing through wireless or wired connections.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you the best and I am so happy for you that you will be graduating! Do what you need to do and keep in touch as you can. I know that I will miss you very much, and AH won't be the same without you. I hope to see you in game soon!

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
propertool
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adult world is highly over-rated, but good luck with it.
Wink
And thanks for eveything you have done for Afterhours, we would not have been able to accomplish so many things the last 3 months without you stepping up to lead us.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats Shie!! Graduating from college is a major accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself. All your hard work for AH is appreciated more than you know. But we all agree that RL must come first. Good Luck with your career pursuit. I know we will certainly understand if you need to log off during raids to help with your father.

Medik
Soraak
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats on your graduation! Thanks for all you have done with AH, a great many of us have benefited from your hard work. Hopefully we will see you again soon, but get those RL things taken care of first, we will be here when you have time again.

Soraak
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/looks confused

5 changes of majors and 6 years to graduate???

I did 3 years as a business programer, and 6 years as a history major before I graduated...

Glad to have had you lead us so well Smile

/group hug
Vudukitty
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Shie first off Grats on finishing the college. I have till december of this year to finish my second degree.

Second off, when you make it, you make it. AH will be here for you when it is possible with RL.

Third off, hope your dad recovers fully. That speedbumb in life sucks, but given enough time he should be able to recover some of his regular life back.

Fourth get a job, suffer like the rest of us.

Vudu
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: