Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 83
Members: 0
Total: 83
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - DKP....Loot...the Honor System and how it applies to you
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DKP....Loot...the Honor System and how it applies to you

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: DKP....Loot...the Honor System and how it applies to you Reply with quote

Ok, I am compelled to bring this to the forefront because I have been hearing of some very UN AHlike behavior.

First and foremost, we are a group of people here to help each other accomplish what we could not alone. We depend upon each other and I expect and demand that we handle ourselves and treat others with respect. Respect yourself and respect the other people that are helping you better your character. Please keep that in mind in ALL your dealings within AH and beyond.

DKP is simply a way to handle the necessary evil of loot. Loot is like money, and everyone wants it, and spending it will get you what you want but you will have to work harder to get the next item. If you bid and win an item, but for whatever reason the next night your item has not been deducted from your total points, it is your RESPONSIBILITY to report your tier correctly. Let me say this again so there is no misunderstanding. If you win an item by misrepresenting your tier, (by knowingly reporting the tier listed on the site and your purchase from the day before isnt' reflected) you WILL be penalized AND continued violations will result in loss of all DKP and removal from AH. I believe everyone here is fully capable of looking up their tier and then realizing that their purchase hadn't been made and subtracting that...dividing by 3 and knowing what tier they SHOULD be.

If you have a question about this, you should talk to an SL or myself. I hope I have made this crystal clear. Remember this is a game and sometimes real life prevents raids and loot from being put in directly after the raid.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this should probably be a PM, but what brought this up?

anytime i bid on an item, i check to make sure tier and dkp are correct befor sending tells, i hope that everyone else is doing the same ?
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe I am unsure what happened that prompted Korinne to post this, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew it had nothing to do with the thing that happened in Fire last night with Orchid.

For those who weren't there, basically we had 2 separate loots going on at once (as we often do), and Orchid (and I'm sure many others) sent in tells on both items. And it just so happened that the SLs announced Orchid the winner of both almost simultaneously.

Of course this was not any big deal - and Orchid never intended to win both items - was just kind of a funny timing thing. So naturally she chose the one she wanted and the other item was awarded to the next person in line.

Just wanted to make it clear that Orchid didn't do anything wrong - in case anyone was wondering hehe. This thread was posted before that happened anyway.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just backing Kor up here and adding a few comments of my own. I haven't been online of course to see about specific incidents.

Guys, we know mistakes happen sometimes with tier. Noone is going to engage in smack-down if you make a simple mistake and are willing to admit it. I made one huge mistake myself when I started leading raids with dkp and it caused some hurt feelings, but after discussion everyone was okay. But doing something like this intentionally is just scummy, and trying to cover it up or getting all pissy over it isn't going to be good either.

We can and will kick you out if you do this kind of crap. Afterhours is not a democracy. If you are lying about loot, flag-hopping, or being an ass in general you will be removed and asked not to return.

Please keep in mind that items will drop multiple times. I have the bracer from Emoush and I have seen the same bracer go to four different people. Kenshiro is wearing the same mask as I am (I think..the one from sol ro). Even if it doesn't drop again it is not like there aren't other items out there. No loot should be worth so much to you that you have to intentionally lie about it. If it is...I recommend you do a /reality check and think about what you are doing.

The classic finisher is "there is no I in team". Remember we all have to work together. If Mikoto gets an upgrade over me it is not a loss for me, but a gain for Afterhours as a whole. What strengthens one of us strengthens all of us and makes us more effective as a group. Well, that is the way I look at it.
Soraak
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....I bid on an item Wednesday night telling the loot handler I was tier 5, when in reality I was tier 6...must have been a raid added or something as last I looked I was tier 5, but when I checked to see the damage Thursday morning that raid and item won hadn't been posted and I saw that I was actually tier 6 not 5 so I appologize for the mistake, I just had not attended a raid in so long I figured the tier 5 I had written down a couple weeks ago was still correct. However I knew for sure I was not overstating my tier. Hopefully I'm not the cause of this post, but like I said sorry for the mistake.

Soraak
Krisstoff
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:
If you are being an ass in general you will be removed and asked not to return.

Guess I better stop asking Vudu for SA Laughing
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when ever Im in doubt about my tier I always say something like(Wendaen might remember this on a few occasions) "I was tier 4, but I spent 5 points I think that makes me still tier 3 ?!? /looks confused"

and I believe they check when there is a question on teir....

Ive on one occasion understated my tier, but the item went to some tier 15 person.../glare Kor...so it didnt matter. Understating is an opps I screwed up darn it I could have won that or maybe gotten a chance to roll on it. A deliberate overstating of tier is a complete different thing. I hope this all is from at worst a misunderstanding and its cleared up and everything runs smoothly again.

The reason I like AH so much over larger guilds is the lack of politics, the ability to come to raids or not attend raids as you need or like and the genuine feeling of belonging Smile

/Group Hug
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:
Just backing Kor up here and adding a few comments of my own. I haven't been online of course to see about specific incidents.

Guys, we know mistakes happen sometimes with tier. Noone is going to engage in smack-down if you make a simple mistake and are willing to admit it. I made one huge mistake myself when I started leading raids with dkp and it caused some hurt feelings, but after discussion everyone was okay. But doing something like this intentionally is just scummy, and trying to cover it up or getting all pissy over it isn't going to be good either.

We can and will kick you out if you do this kind of crap. Afterhours is not a democracy. If you are lying about loot, flag-hopping, or being an ass in general you will be removed and asked not to return.

Please keep in mind that items will drop multiple times. I have the bracer from Emoush and I have seen the same bracer go to four different people. Kenshiro is wearing the same mask as I am (I think..the one from sol ro). Even if it doesn't drop again it is not like there aren't other items out there. No loot should be worth so much to you that you have to intentionally lie about it. If it is...I recommend you do a /reality check and think about what you are doing.

The classic finisher is "there is no I in team". Remember we all have to work together. If Mikoto gets an upgrade over me it is not a loss for me, but a gain for Afterhours as a whole. What strengthens one of us strengthens all of us and makes us more effective as a group. Well, that is the way I look at it.

again this sounds like you guys know something we dont ... whats going on here?
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should say ...it had nothing to do with Fire...and I have seen and have had recently reported a person that KNOWINGLY reported a tier higher than this person had with the situation I described above. First offenses are mistakes...repeated offenses will be handled harshly and swiftly. Just think of it as your bank account....first bounced check and they are fairly nasty...repeated offenses and it not only hurts financially but they yank your check writing privileges.

Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korinne wrote:
I guess I should say ...it had nothing to do with Fire...and I have seen and have had recently reported a person that KNOWINGLY reported a tier higher than this person had with the situation I described above. First offenses are mistakes...repeated offenses will be handled harshly and swiftly. Just think of it as your bank account....first bounced check and they are fairly nasty...repeated offenses and it not only hurts financially but they yank your check writing privileges.

i see, this stuff should not be going on, honor the other members of Afterhours, if you are knowingly doing this, it is not helping the rest of the members in the group...

this stuff should not be going on, it is common sense, and you should be taking concideration of others befor your self in this case, while they are just points, it is much like people do not bid on more then 1 item a night, why? because they want others to get stuff and have fun as well.... some people have high enough tier to just take items and be unfair, but they do not because they have respect and appreaciation for everyone in Afterhours, much like Wendaen in CMM not to long ago, his Tier is far beyond that of many people, and just to show he was being fair i will point out that he raised a 5 point item 3 points, and he did not have to, noone would have beaten his tier... this was out of kindness and consideration for others in the groups... he could have just stuck with the 5 points and not raised it...

you should all have this kind of attitude and not be doing such things...

this kind of stuff didnt happen when i first became part of AH why is it occurring now?
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Dohi....it will be handled swifly Smile /hugs 99.99% of AH is still the same as it always has been...loyal and true!

Vudukitty
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Yes busting on Vudu is a SERIOUS offense, I reserve the right to throw people to the winds or duel to the death. This means you Krisstoff.

Vudu
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Vudukitty wrote:
Yes busting on Vudu is a SERIOUS offense, I reserve the right to throw people to the winds or duel to the death. This means you Krisstoff.

Vudu

my pet hammer would beat you up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: