Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 225
Members: 0
Total: 225
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Rot Status Idea
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rot Status Idea
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a really good idea mewkus but for now the desision has been made.. i things dont work out with the way we have planed them then we can always discuss other options. however lets just this plan a fair shake first Smile but thank you for your constructive input Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sure if you know about the rot rule, but if a no drop item isn't claimed, it is looted and destroyed by the loot master. So there isn't a situation for someone to be a rotwhore Smile

It was decided to limit the bonus roll to a single win per night rather than make it complicated by changing the numbers and such.

Adding this extra process will add to the amount of time it takes to do loot, so lets keep it as simple as possible.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Mewkus
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By rotwhore, I was referring to where all those items go to after they're destroyed or fade away on unclaimed corpses. Kind of EQ's version of where all my mismatched socks go when doing laundry.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have that issues as well?

Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Yay! Reply with quote

I'm really glad this has been adopted into afterhours culture, and it's great for all to see that the process works!

For the future though, I think the idea should have stayed in public forum longer before we were told it was being discussed by the powers-that-be, which i for one interpretted as 'okay hold the ideas on this, we'll take it from here'. I say that because I too think the final version korinne posted falls short on being the perfect solution. There's still that situation where loot will be destroyed, while a AH member is sitting wishing he could have it. Had we taken more input, I think we'd have found a way to satisfy everyone.

I think Petey ('PT'...she's Not a he-she called peter, i swear) is right that the decision has been made, and we should see how it goes before trying to change it more. And I'm sure we'll very rarely find a loot rots that someone can't loot due to them already having a bonus And from having already gained a normal item! Heck, 2 loots in one day ain't bad.
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPK is an imperfect system; so to see an aspect of it as we use it here is no suprise to view it as imperfect as well

simple solution would have been just removing the 1 loot per night limit. but we already found one that we think will work and for some reason i dont think that idea would have been well accepted heh
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah cause that would be alot of fun for everyone lol... yeah im teir 30 ill take that drop which brings me down to teir 28 then that drop looks nice too.. yeah while we are at it ill just out bid all of time and end at teir 10 ish lol

not that i think anyone would actually do that i just see where the downfall woudl start Smile

and thank wwein for not starting viscious rumors about my gender hehe Smile so far no one has questioned it based on your name for me but you never know /hugs
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you havent noticed most of the high tier people got that way because they are kinda picky about what they bid on. /shrug god forbid some strange thing happens and they get to spend a few more of those hard earned points on another item. nope ah rules forbid. but im ok with that.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one loot per night rule came as a safeguard for the people in lower tiers not to protect those in higher positions. What is to prevent Wendaen (using him as an example here) from bidding on all items that would be an upgrade (again....using him as an example so that no one feels like I am pointing the finger) when we have a good night and lots of cool loots. Previously, we relied on the integrity and generosity of the person to make sure loot was distributed evenly. Most of the time that worked, but we all know that won't always be the case. By choosing to implement the one item per night rule, if that person that is same class as you and much higher tier bids and wins an item, your chances just increase dramatically that the next item you see drop for you that night could be yours.

Loot is a necessary evil but it makes whores out of alot of people. It has caused people to lose friendships over pixels and leadership untold amounts of stress.

The decision was made based on recommendations from the public forums as well as SL discussion. In addition, when you all are complaining that we are raiding way too late, remember that this additional step costs us about 5 minutes for every single piece of loot that drops. That was also another reason that it was heavily debated. We all love to hop from target to target and hit 4 targets in a 3 hour period but when loot goes from 5 to 3 to 1 to guest/app to bonus........that's a long process and can add alot of time for mobs that drop 4 items, not to mention that poor Wend has to keep track of it all Smile

I am not here trying to defend our decision, but asking that it be accepted that this is a happy medium.

Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having recently been a "victim" of what most people could consider a melee bracer going to a caster since it was a "decent" hp/mana upgrade in a guild raid, I can honestly say that I personally prefer the 1 loot per night and 1 rot per night situation the leaders have moved us to.

I've seen a lot of loot systems over the years, and while a bit complex and hard to figure out how to use effectively, I think that the one AH uses is the best dkp based system I've seen.

I also think that barring a few key people, once we get uqua down to farm status (yes, there are some -really- nice items to farm in there), and move on, people are going to be really excited over many of the upgrades on the way, and hopefully we won't be seeing rot for quite a while!

Also, as someone that was an app for a very long period of time, quite honestly it's very rare to have rot items. I got 3 from p1/p2 in potime the first raid I came to, and then one in p3, and that was it for 5 weeks--and I think that with the exception of potime we won't be seeing loot rot for a while Smile
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenshiss wrote:
once we get uqua down to farm status

Please do not use the words Uqua and farm in the same sentence. Ever. Sad Sad Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: