Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 251
Members: 0
Total: 251
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Raidsay and You!
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Raidsay and You!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Raidsay and You! Reply with quote

Ok the title says it all.

One of the biggest problems we are having lately is that people aren't listening to what is being said by the Raid Leaders in /rs and not following Class Lead instructions in the particular channel.

If I have to take the time out to say in /rs <INSERT YOURNAME>, believe me when I tell you, you have already been told 3 times to do something. The other night in the Hate trial, I told the whole raid to move off the platform, then again I said move to the East and then again I said MOVE OFF THE PLATFORM NOW PEOPLE! At that point I started calling names as we had more adds than we could comfortably handle and every moment was costing us valuable mana and risking a wipe.

In Ikky 4, people were told to kite if they got aggro on adds, they didn't . Culdahl said in caps in /rs KITE IF YOU GET AGGRO and yet people still didn't.

So let me just remind you that the most important instructions you are going to get are going to be time sensitive and in /rs. so PAY ATTENTION!

/rant off

Good job on winning Ikky 4 Smile

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Tytin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Raidsay and You! Reply with quote

Korinne wrote:
Ok the title says it all.

One of the biggest problems we are having lately is that people aren't listening to what is being said by the Raid Leaders in /rs and not following Class Lead instructions in the particular channel.

If I have to take the time out to say in /rs <INSERT YOURNAME>, believe me when I tell you, you have already been told 3 times to do something. The other night in the Hate trial, I told the whole raid to move off the platform, then again I said move to the East and then again I said MOVE OFF THE PLATFORM NOW PEOPLE! At that point I started calling names as we had more adds than we could comfortably handle and every moment was costing us valuable mana and risking a wipe.

In Ikky 4, people were told to kite if they got aggro on adds, they didn't . Culdahl said in caps in /rs KITE IF YOU GET AGGRO and yet people still didn't.

So let me just remind you that the most important instructions you are going to get are going to be time sensitive and in /rs. so PAY ATTENTION!

/rant off

Good job on winning Ikky 4 Smile

Chew 'em, Kor, chew 'em!!
Karrmma
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry but.....Do people NOT read the rules and regulations when they app for AH? I mean sheesh when I joined I KNEW everything that I was to do and everything that I was supposed to have.

GRRRRRRR comon now!
Sorcier
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I have to say it. Mr. Obvious here ... /RS > all so put it in a window to itself.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree Karrmma...there are a couple rules that everyone seems to be breaking.

I have been fairly slack about reprimanding people for sending me tells when I am leading the raid but its getting horrible.

Three things....don't send the raid leader tells and don't use /rs and for Tunare's sake LISTEN TO THE RAID LEADER! I shouldn't have to yell and jump up and down before you move and neither should anyone else that is leading the raid.

Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In short, there is a chain of command on raids. Ask your SL in GS FIRST...if you don't get the response you want send a tell to the SL and wait for an answer. If you STILL don't get a response (damn SLs) then ask in raid channel...if you STILL aren't getting a response make sure you're still online:-)

The only time you should send a tell to the RL is if a SL has asked you to.

We do this because running raids = a PITA. We use SLs because it helps take the burden off of the RL who's trying to set up groups, devise strats, find raid targets, asses the raid force, etc (it's no picnic folks).

If all else fails, send ME a tell and I'll try to get an answer for yuo, but *ONLY* if I'm not leading the raid.
Donielae
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Kor - that was waaay nicer than past rants - getting soft on folks in your old age hon?

Seriously tho - you guys better READ the /RS - there IS method to the madness, regardless of whether you realize it at the time or not. There sometimes is NOT time to stop and handfeed everyone through something - just follow the directions and ask questions later! OR go READ THE STRATS FIRST!

That...and stop drooling in the allxxxallthetime channel - that might help too. :p

God I miss you guys so much.
Sad Sad Sad

Donie
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donielae wrote:
Wow Kor - that was waaay nicer than past rants - getting soft on folks in your old age hon?

Seriously tho - you guys better READ the /RS - there IS method to the madness, regardless of whether you realize it at the time or not. There sometimes is NOT time to stop and handfeed everyone through something - just follow the directions and ask questions later! OR go READ THE STRATS FIRST!

That...and stop drooling in the allxxxallthetime channel - that might help too. :p

God I miss you guys so much.
Sad Sad Sad

Donie

We mis you too:-)
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to see Kor jumping up and down.

<jiggle> <jiggle>

Who can resist?
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL only for you baby Smile Only for you!

Twisted Evil

Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't watching !

/looks confused

honest ?!?
Deophi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok never sending you a tell again Korinne! that's it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: