Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 52
Members: 0
Total: 52
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - April Goals
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

April Goals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: April Goals Reply with quote

AH April Goals:
1. Continue to cash in as much fabled loot as possible
2. Beat a SoF raid
3. Reach a typical minimum raid attendance of 40

AH Schedule:
Wed - Fabled
Thur - Fabled
Fri - Fabled
Sat - Fabled

Your Personal Targets:
1. As we approach an average raid force of 54 we will slow down recruiting and instead focus on strengthening our members. This is your opportunity to make yourself the best you can be at your class. Healers, start threads asking for advice on heals to use. Tanks, share your tricks on MTing. DPS come up with ways to maximize your DPS.
2. Grind to level 80! Being a low level automatically penalizes your HP, skills, and many other factors including your agro. While AAs slow in the latter stages of the 80's, they don't slow as much as you move from 75 to 80, so get it done!
3. There are a handful of classes we're still short on. We can always use more enchanters and clerics, a bard and beasty would be nice, and we have enough regular healers to support more DPS. We are bloated on tanks though, so please only recruit them if they show exceptional ability.

Last edited by Wwein on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it depends on how many nights of Fabled you want to do. According to this, nearly all of April is Fabled. If you are going to farm those until they are gone, you won't get much SoF done until May.

Nodyin-Dev wrote:

Start: 3/16
End: 4/26 (at Midnight)

Maybe Friday 4/17, toss in a SoF raid?
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had three different dates given to me when fabled was meant to begin, and currently working on 3 different dates for it ending too! I had heard it was ending on the 15th or 16th, though having a date straight from a dev is more likely to be accurate.

With fabled PoP giving us 9-15 loots per night, there's nothing else close to RvR (Risk versus Rewards) outside of fabled. We really need to milk it dry until enough rots that the 4-8 loots from a night in SoF makes up the difference.

A hidden benefit of fabled season is that fewer AHers will have lockouts to other things, as their guilds concentrate on fabled. Has anyone been told certain events won't be raided by their guilds during fabled season, leaving them open to raid them with AH?
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=148468

Nodyin-Dev wrote:
The Fabled content ends on 4/26 at midnight (PST).

Nodyin-Dev wrote:
The 10th Anniversary Quests will be active through 5/25/2009.

Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They added 10 extra days to the event because of it being the 10th anniversary from what I remember reading. Come on fabled quarm, hehe.

Also on 4/27 starts the revamping of the new zones that will be droping the items and armor similar to the beefed up Guk and BB. First zone open is revamped cazic thule, mobs will be much higher in lvl then guk or BB. After a month of that the others will open, Unrest, BB and Guk all coming out.
The regular loots like the beefed up flowing black silk sash and things like that will still drop but the armour drops will be different this go around. You will get a drop, not sure if it will be no drop or not yet, that will be slot specific-head, chest, ect-that you will then turn into a NPC that will give you a class specific armour item in return. Should be interesting to see the origional Ct again, avatar will even be back, for those that still remember the origional.
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the original CT
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone mention something about maximizing dps? *twitch*
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! My old drinking buddy the avatar of fear is coming back!

College Rules

Here is a photo from our college days, you can see Hedez is still pounding a brew in the pic as well as (iirc) the original toon I met Shieara playing years and years ago. Can you guess who?
Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I love those old nostalgic screenshots Smile I still have a few of mine back in the day. Most of them I lost when my HD crashed though Sad

Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imp wrote:
Someone mention something about maximizing dps? *twitch*

Unless you're a berserker, then you can just suffer awhile longer.

Looking at the weapons loot (not bows) for the last month-

The Fabled Rotting Fist (1hb) (2 of these)
Fabled Gem Encrusted Axe (pal/shd 1hander) (3 of these)
Fabled Blade of War (2hs - WAR PAL RNG SHD BER) (but has a +hate proc)
Fabled Sword of Primordial Power (1hs) (3 of these)
Fabled Valorous Quarterstaff (1hb) (2 of these)
Fabled Rune Etched Bamboo Bo (2hb - MNK BST) (2 of these)
Fabled Gleaming Obsidian Shard (1hp)
Fabled Jagged Shard of Frozen Flame (1hs)
Fabled Obsidian Scimitar of War (1hs)

So really, I haven't seen anything berserker worthy since BMK1.
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPS is not maximized via gear, it is maximized via collaboration and coordination of AE DPS buffs and short duration buffs.

ie -- we need to talk to eachother more to DPS better.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well wwein has been doing a good job of trying to put groups together in order to maximize dps. Putting monks, zerkers, rogues, rangers with shamans or bards when he can to get a greater effect from discs and clicks.

I made a hot button for my shaman that tells the group that my epic 2.0 effect is inc, pop it at much as possable, wish it was MGBable(range SUCKS on it). Unfortuantly I am only familiar with ranger buttons so I have it pretty much timed to a rangers routine of discs, but I can learn bigger dpsers as well like zerkers and rogues if you all let me know.

Use to be all the clicks and discs where done when RL called "burn" on the mob but with so many targets in an evening sometimes we dont get a "burn" call. So I just try to do the maximum I can the entire fight anymore, which I still wait for the MT to get enought aggro since we all know what happens to me when I get aggro, lol, splat.

Last edited by Acoma on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually a hot debate among the management atm. We've come up with some ways to help maximize dps via communication, exactly as Impsi mentioned. In short, there are a lot of combinations of classes and abilities that provide big benefits. These benefits are often very well known amongst the class that has them, but unknown to everyone else. The pally Aurora spell to boost group heals, ranger auspice raising heal and spell crits as well as melee, mage wave nukes based on the number of pets/swarms in the vacinity. Given the cloth caps and pet weapons from the fabled period, the mage spell I mentioned could do an incredible amount of damage when coordinated correctly.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
mage wave nukes based on the number of pets/swarms in the vacinity. Given the cloth caps and pet weapons from the fabled period, the mage spell I mentioned could do an incredible amount of damage when coordinated correctly.

Now this sounds very interesting, never even heard of this one. This clueless ranger strikes again.

Quote:
The pally Aurora spell to boost group heals

Is there any way to increase the range of these auras? I only say cause if the pally is up in the mix and the healer is at max range to avoid an Aoe i notice that the shaman no longer has the Aura in the short term window.
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizard epic 2.0 clicky gives a short aura that lowers the chance of spells being resisted beneficial to their group members.

Beastlord's Group Bestial Alignment AA is a nice dps increase for melee. Only downside is once the illusion wears off, you have to re-shrink.

Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolt of Many - Turns out this is way less impressive than I heard Sad. I checked through the parses on a few fights me, sc, lae and abby did and the damage was meagre. It looks like the mob is hit by 7 DDs of 0 (maybe 200?) to 800ish, scaled by the number of pets in the area. Each DD is unlikely to be resisted, each is effected by focii, and each has a chance to crit. So at best, it nukes the mob for about 20-25k though this will be very, very rare.

I'm not sure about Beastlord's Group Bestial Alignment, but the ranger AA Group Guardian of the Forest has two separate buff slots: one with the illusion, and one with the buff. You can block the illusion without blocking the buff.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kk, quick correction

Paladin Aura is a 5% heal mod, short range. Our lv 70 aura.

Aurora is our group heal spell, heals folks nearby ( lousy range) nicely, and no wasted mana (if they didn't need a heal).

The lv 75 one, I forget how to get, lv 80 is faction, sold in HoS, the lv 85 one is faction, sold FoS (and my slacker ass needs to get it, LOL)
Aergon
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurora lvl 85 is from Kithicor faction i think Elric, and is very cool.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
Jolt of Many - Turns out this is way less impressive than I heard Sad. I checked through the parses on a few fights me, sc, lae and abby did and the damage was meagre. It looks like the mob is hit by 7 DDs of 0 (maybe 200?) to 800ish, scaled by the number of pets in the area. Each DD is unlikely to be resisted, each is effected by focii, and each has a chance to crit. So at best, it nukes the mob for about 20-25k though this will be very, very rare.

All mage nukes are 20-25k-ish at best really. I think my best ever single crit nuke is 26k using the biggest nuke we have (Bolt). Remember, a lot of our damage is from pets. You won't see wizard-like big booms.

The only exception to that is the AtA line of nukes, useable only vs. summoned mobs/construct mobs, which has a small % chance to hit for an additional 32k damage (I use these whenever possible, MB in PoI is one you can use it on).

But it only takes about 10 pets to make Jolt hit for max waves of 7.

Jolt of Many has 1 huge advantage over the other nukes, speed of cast time.

Jolt of Many Rk. II
Casting Time: 0.75
Dmg = 743 * 7 = 5201
Mana: 767

Fickle Blaze Rk. II
Casting Time: 3.5
Decrease Hitpoints by 4655
Mana: 822

So you can see how this spell, on raids with lots of pets, can really help out when you weave it into your mix of nukes. It's faster and more efficient than Fickle overall, as long as you have 7 waves possible.

This is right after using the +crit AA, First Spire.

[Wed Apr 22 21:21:48 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Warlord Gintolaken for 2163 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:21:48 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Warlord Gintolaken for 2241 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:21:48 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Warlord Gintolaken for 2104 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:21:48 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Warlord Gintolaken for 2111 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:21:48 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Warlord Gintolaken for 2097 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:21:48 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Warlord Gintolaken for 2097 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:21:48 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Warlord Gintolaken for 2130 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:21:48 2009] The Fabled Warlord Gintolaken has been struck by a jolt of many.

It's fun to see this with Twincast going too.

[Wed Apr 22 21:55:02 2009] You twincast Jolt of Many.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:02 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 2254 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:02 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 967 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:02 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 1032 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:02 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 980 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:02 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 2169 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:02 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 2137 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:02 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 1006 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:02 2009] The Fabled Avatar of Earth has been struck by a jolt of many.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:02 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 941 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:03 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 2182 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:03 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 2150 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:03 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 967 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:03 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 2222 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:03 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 732 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:03 2009] Zacatac hit The Fabled Avatar of Earth for 745 points of non-melee damage.
[Wed Apr 22 21:55:03 2009] The Fabled Avatar of Earth has been struck by a jolt of many.

Last edited by Zacatac on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: