Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 121
Members: 0
Total: 121
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Ring Of Valor and Afterhours
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ring Of Valor and Afterhours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puvia
Class Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read for days the conversations about this path. Overall I would have to say I agree with this to improve AH as a whole. I foresee more time and energy on the part of the officers getting lock out timers as well as trying new targets/events.

Ring of Valor is one of three high end content raiding guilds on our several as you all know. They need to refill the ranks as people come and go due to real life or other circumstances. I would feel privileged to be asked to apply showing I was a great/good player. Like others I do not wish to leave my current guild. But the opportunity would still be there if I felt I needed to or wanted to.

There are a few that have already guested on RoV raids already and I have seen very little on how this went. I would like to see more input on hazings (Yeah the juicy parts) and how they apply you to their core raiding groups. Did they speak with you in group on your role in the event? Ask you if you understood what was happening and the placement of the raid ect ect?

I had the enjoyment of joining Veeshans Fury last night in an event Afterhours has not tried but spoken about. This was a test of my abilities as a cleric because in my group where two warriors and myself (the cleric). Needless to say I died I think 6 times in 30 min but never once was I yelled at or talked down to or even made fun of. I did the best I could do and while I was upright my group did not fall. That happened after I had tilted hahaha. I was a little late off the start and they waited a little longer till i arrived. Had issues with seeing group members in the window so they helped to adjust this till had seen them.

Just my opinion about the matter and my experience with another guilds raids.

Aergon
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope people is enjoying it, for check who was in raid with RoV and how much DKP you win, check this link: http://www.ringofvalor.org/eqdkp/loot.php?s=&o=4.0&filter=none

Far i see not too much players are going to be guest in RoV raids, we are close to 50s maybe 1 or 2 guests somedays, maybe more another days.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasseo75 wrote:
Rashelf wrote:
The Ring has some Good peeps, When I was there, I liked people, Hated the bench!

Some ppl love the bench actually .. btw in what time u was there? was with toon Rashelf?

With Rashelf, I've been gone since late 2005 early 2006

Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puvia wrote:

Ring of Valor is one of three high end content raiding guilds on our several as you all know.

Actually, there are only 2 (RoV and Fu)

Puvia wrote:

There are a few that have already guested on RoV raids already and I have seen very little on how this went. I would like to see more input on hazings (Yeah the juicy parts) and how they apply you to their core raiding groups. Did they speak with you in group on your role in the event? Ask you if you understood what was happening and the placement of the raid ect ect?

Like Aergon said raids are near full so no too much room for guests. For bad or good luck, those that came like guests last time got the chance to taste RoV current progresion target (CC raid) im sure was a learning experience for them hehe.
For RoV Guests are the same like Apps for good or bad depending of you ('good' due you can get loot .. 'bad' due they pickup on apps hehe). For talking dont expect nothing in group, main directions are given in /rsay and tank channel (if apply) so you are expected to know how to play your class and do your job. Do not expect too much "hand holding".

Of course those who attended can give their own opinion hehe
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puvia wrote:
I have read for days the conversations about this path. Overall I would have to say I agree with this to improve AH as a whole. I foresee more time and energy on the part of the officers getting lock out timers as well as trying new targets/events.

Ring of Valor is one of three high end content raiding guilds on our several as you all know. They need to refill the ranks as people come and go due to real life or other circumstances. I would feel privileged to be asked to apply showing I was a great/good player. Like others I do not wish to leave my current guild. But the opportunity would still be there if I felt I needed to or wanted to.

I had the enjoyment of joining Veeshans Fury last night in an event Afterhours has not tried but spoken about. This was a test of my abilities as a cleric because in my group where two warriors and myself (the cleric). Needless to say I died I think 6 times in 30 min but never once was I yelled at or talked down to or even made fun of. I did the best I could do and while I was upright my group did not fall. That happened after I had tilted hahaha. I was a little late off the start and they waited a little longer till i arrived. Had issues with seeing group members in the window so they helped to adjust this till had seen them.

Just my opinion about the matter and my experience with another guilds raids.

Gratz Puv, I hope your halfling cleric kicked Endiment in the balls at least twice while you where Upright and at the right height, lol.

Last time I went on a Veeshan adventure it was the tree stump in that zone you have an AA to get to with all the vamps and stuff. Need to pay that stump back someday.
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been considering looking for a new home in the higher raiding lands since Claw of Nagafen has pretty much been really quiet.

However, I find most guilds have closed the doors on Beastlords Mad Where's the luv?

Puvia
Class Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasseo wrote:
Quote:

Puvia wrote:

Ring of Valor is one of three high end content raiding guilds on our several as you all know.

I count VF in there as well since they also raid current content.

Hasseo wrote:
Quote:
For RoV Guests are the same like Apps for good or bad depending of you ('good' due you can get loot .. 'bad' due they pickup on apps hehe). For talking dont expect nothing in group, main directions are given in /rsay and tank channel (if apply) so you are expected to know how to play your class and do your job. Do not expect too much "hand holding".

Not really speaking of hand holding but asking if you know the event where to go and what to do. Some events require curing disease where another is corruption ect ect. I am sure many of these events are ones we have not started to learn yet. Thats really all I am looking for.

Kelv
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puvia wrote:
Hasseo wrote:
Quote:

Puvia wrote:

I count VF in there as well since they also raid current content.

VF is not raiding the Tower yet or UF Raids. They did raid Crystallos though.

Last edited by Kelv on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puvia wrote:

Not really speaking of hand holding but asking if you know the event where to go and what to do. Some events require curing disease where another is corruption ect ect. I am sure many of these events are ones we have not started to learn yet. Thats really all I am looking for.

My first night apping to RoV I had at least 4 people explaining events to me at once in tells, plus the people in my group explaining in group chat. So in my experience, people are quite helpful. Of course with any raid, it's better to ask questions if there is anything you're unsure about Smile
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didokova wrote:
This all sounds so good to me. I have gone with RoV on raids a few times there loot and DKP system is like most others from what i noticed

ps i Know they are always looking for healers for there raids they ask me if i want to join them frequently and i could not go becouse of lockouts i had from eather AH or CoL or i am already in a raid or about to raid

I missed this before but think you are confused: RoV = Ring of Valor (http://ringofvalor.org)
Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Maneki for clarifying that for me. Thats exactly what I was looking for.

And Yes Kelv they my not be in Tower yet but these thinks I am not 100% sure of so .... thanks hehe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: