Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 372
Members: 0
Total: 372
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - The Z-crew reporting for duty
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Z-crew reporting for duty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zurf
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: The Z-crew reporting for duty Reply with quote

Thanks for accepting my application. Smile

As a new guy, here is a little info about me, for those who don't know me yet.

RL name: Peter
Toons:
Zurf: lvl 85 mage, over 5800 AA-s
Zurfinator: lvl 85 mage, over 5400 AA-s
Zurfi: lvl 85 mage, over 4400 AA-s ... but getting there Smile

I am boxing these toons (they are all mains, not alts), use 2 computers. Zurf is alone on his computer, the others share the same comp, alt-tabbing beteween them. So please, kindly send tells to Zurf all the time, I cannot pay full attention to the other ones.

Currently I live in Hungary, though I am an American citizen. There is a big time difference (9 hours), when it is 8pm in the Pacific zone, it is 5am here of the next day. That presents a little problem for me, but I will do my best to wake up early to participte in the fun.

A few questions:

I see myself on the applicant roster, but not on the member list. What should I do to get to the member list? Who decides if I can box all 3 of my toons? Needless to say, three mages are rather more powerful than one. Since I started to play in 1999 I can play my toons quite effectively. Always been a mage, since I am a wuss, who likes to hide behind the pets. Smile

Since I was not much of a raider, I have limited access to the high level zones. At first I will have to be piggy-backed, if possible, or get some help to get the necessary flags.

Anyhow, I am grateful to have been accepted, and I hope I can make a good contribution to the team.

Z-crew
Cerberous
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Zurf. During this process you are an applicant only, after many raid evaluations the leadership will decide if you are ready to become a member or not. Once a member, you may at some point apply to box your other toons, but keep in mind lately we have had many full raids with mains sitting on the bench, and more often than not your boxes may have to be dropped for mains especially since they are dps and not crucial classes like healers/encs etc. Anyway, it's nice to have you aboard and welcome to the team Very Happy

Zurf
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much. This is good info. I have another question however. Does this mean that I am only allowed to play one of my toons - namely Zurf? Or can I alternate between them, for different runs? This is important for me, since I want to grow them side by side. The possible loots are not important for me, the flags are.
Cerberous
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your needs. I know that while they are considered boxes/alts in our eyes, to you they are your bread and butter and your ability to group solo. I have a trio myself consisting of my bst, a mage and sk and I understand that having them progress together would be optimal for convenience when boxing solo. However with our current situation like I described, it is not always possible and there are many events that my mage has had to miss out on, because of needed mains. The general rule of thumb is your main is required on the raid over any boxes, however that rule is bended from time to time for boxes that are essential such as Aleax's cleric/enchanter combo. Since we would basically trade a mage for another mage I am not too sure it would be accepted. You also have to realize that we are trying to get many other new (mains) their flags too, and they would always take priority over a box. I hope this helps.

Zurf
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly all that makes sense. I am not impatient at all. Maybe I should make a different application with them? After all their strength is pretty much identical, they have the same spells, almost the same equipment. From the raid's point of view it would not matter which one is participating. The truth is that I will not be able to come to many raids, because of the time difference. Be as it may, I am looking forward to have fun with you guys. And thanks for the info. Smile
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your situation is unique because the characters are essentially interchangeable. After a time, I'm sure we could let you bring a different mage along for a flagging event that Zurf already has done.

However, for now, you need to just bring Zurf. While your boxing skills are excellent, you need to learn the raids first. And the leadership will be doing evaluations based on that one character. This is why we don't normally allow applicants to box.

After you gain full membership (which won't happen until you have at least 10 nights raiding), you can ask to be allowed to box. We have our database set up to include ALT characters. There is no need to make seperate application for them. However, also remember that we only count ONE PERSON per night for DKP/Tier, no matter how many toons they play.

Also, as Cerberous mentioned, we often drop boxes to fill in the raid with real mains. So when we get to that point, don't be surprised if you are asked to drop boxes to make room.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to Meet you Zurf hope to see you on raids dont worry about your boxes once you are full member you can swich them up a bit. i noticed you say you have not done much raids so it will be a good thing you will be abble to pay more atention and learn the raids and stuff while your boxes are on the bench 3 mages is kinda coool i personaly would have made 1 healer 1 tank and 1 dps type of toons i used to 2 box my chanter all the time but it got to be a pta for me when 2nd computer broke
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more point that I didn't see mentioned. As I usually 3 box on raids, I myself have ran into an issue that can cause problems with ones DKP. Anyone that adds more than ONE alternate to their account will break their own DKP pool.

Obviously, this wont come into play for you until you become a full member and then apply to be able to box (which is another approval process). I only mention it to avoid possible problems in the future.

My account only lists Aleax as my main and Lifesource as an alternate. At one point I added Kopen as well and immediately stopped accruing dkp/tier with no clue as to why. Took me a bit to figure out and I have no way of stopping others from going down the same path other than posting about it.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies. As I said, I am not impatient at all. And it is true that I can pay much closer attention to the intricacies of the raids, if I don't have to look after 3 toons. Smile When I am in a group setup, this presents no problem, but I know that raids are very different. Of course when we do an Anguish run with the guild, I can bring all 3 of them, but Anguish is not much of raid any more, and the damage output is pretty decent.

I have tried to wake up at about 4:50 am for a few days now, and I failed miserably. But I will keep trying. I really would like to start participating. But getting up that early sure is a killer. But that is my problem, and I will solve it.

/cheers
Tetrafluor
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loss of dkp accrual has to do with how the system is coded to locate your main when you're on an alt and vice versa. The system was coded only for one alternate, and it would be a major pain to go in and re-code everything to allow multiple alts. Best not to taunt the hamster powering the AH site (a.k.a php code) lest it get angry and delete you.
Zurf
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, the ominous hamster! So, am I SOL with the other 2 Z-s? I see only one solution, making an application with either one of both of them. Since everyone is aware of their "true" identity, I will easily comply with the regulations, and only play one until I get permission to play both or all three - sort of a software (and not hardware) enforcement of the rules.

What say you?
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sweat it Zurf. This really is a minor issue once you become a full fledged member. Right now during your application phase, you really should be focused on one account and showing how you play. Also remember to announce your application status to each group leader you are paired with. All group leaders are usually squad leaders or officers. Both of which are tasked with evaluating your performance. Without the "hey, I am an app" in group or tell, they dont know they have other work to do..
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do.

BTW, the system just suggested to me to go back to sleep... after all it is 4am here... but I wanted to get to the first raid. Smile Cute coding.
Aerger
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to AHRAID Zurf. I also live u=in your time-zone (a few hours drive west) and I share your pain in getting up just before 5 a.m. to join the raid. During the week it's no problem because I get up just before 5 am anyhow (remnants of my Army time). It's the weekends that are tough! Anyway, enough rambling,,, good to see you here-ti's a lot of fun!

Zurf wrote:
I will do.

BTW, the system just suggested to me to go back to sleep... after all it is 4am here... but I wanted to get to the first raid. Smile Cute coding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: